What is the longest hair can take to grow

Possibly you are asking this because you have noticed some new hair growth in the recipient area past twelve months? If so, it could be transplanted hair that simply broke off during the growing cycle and is simply continuing to grow above the scalp line. Or could it possibly be exisitng hair that is recycling?

Generally speaking, once the hair follicle has rested for 3-4 months, it resumes into its growth cycle once again and be in production for 6-8 years.

Every once in awhile I get the dreaded e-mail from someone whe went to a unreputable doctor and is getting no yield from their HT procedure. I almost always tell them that if they have not seen any any regrowth for at least 6-9 months post-op, that it is a bad sign. I still encourage them to wait a tad bit longer just to be sure it was not an issue of massive transection or some other area of incompetence.

I think most docs would comment to say that regrowth is not rocket science. Providing that transection was extremely low and the grafts were handled properly and prepared after harvest including implantation, there is really no reason for them not to regrow.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY