Maximum FUE grafts in one sitting???

Hi all,

What is generally regarded as the most FUE grafts that can be done in a single HT sitting??? Is there an accepted standard???

In particular, I think I'm looking at 2000-2500 grafts--can they all be done at once via FUE???

Alot depends on the doctor's skill and the nature of your hair, whether really curly or reasonably straight.

And FUE is hard for the doctor, and hard for many patients. For example we've been working all day to get 700 FUE on a fellow who just can't hold still.

Currently we will do up to 1000 FUE before I tire out. Others, like Dr. Feller, can offer significantly more at one setting.

But knowing that the doctor is not "burning out" and making holes just for holes' sake is key in your decision.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

azjoe1,

As Dr. Lindsey already stated, how much can be extracted in a single day will depend upon the experience and skill of the surgeon, the tools used, and a patient's donor characteristics.

Keep in mind however, that a single FUE "session" is looked at differently than FUT procedures. A "session" can occur over multiple consecutive days rather than a single day. Thus, it's important to keep this in mind.

The above aside, I'd suggest that approximately 800 to 2000 can be safely extracted and implanted per day depending on the above characteristics. How many of these will grow will depend on the transection rate and careful handling of the grafts when inserting them into recipient sites.

Best wishes,

Bill

UI had 2500 fue almost 3 weeks ago. It took about 5-6 people and a little over 7 hours. Time flys by though, felt like 3-4 hours. These hairtransplants arent fun post-op, but there not a big deal either. Id say its like getting wisdom teeth pulled, not too painful the first few days but it bugs you. If i did it over id do 4000 in one sitting if available and endure 12 hours plus, but the dr and techs would probably be wreaked. Its really fairly simple process, they pull hairs from the back and put them in front. Donor area healed almost completely in a week, my frontthealed but still a little pink.

Sure, is there a way to send a personal message? I have some pictures too on my phone but not sure how i upload from the phone. Still not sure how my 2500 fue will look, i was fairly balding in the front and dr said i was about norwood 5. Kinda weird as all the implanted hair began growing the next day and just now some is falling out but some isnt. Im taking propecia too for the first time, hope that helps, may start rogiane too but these drugs seem like an annoyance but maybe it will bring back some missing hair and make the existing hair thicker.

• 1 month later...
Sure, is there a way to send a personal message? I have some pictures too on my phone but not sure how i upload from the phone. Still not sure how my 2500 fue will look, i was fairly balding in the front and dr said i was about norwood 5. Kinda weird as all the implanted hair began growing the next day and just now some is falling out but some isnt. Im taking propecia too for the first time, hope that helps, may start rogiane too but these drugs seem like an annoyance but maybe it will bring back some missing hair and make the existing hair thicker.

Hi mongoal,

Me too am the same position as yours(NW-5).I would be thankfull to u if you can share your procedure experience, doctors name and the cost of your transplant along with your b4 after photos.

Thanks in advance..............