Would you be comfortable/confident doing an FUE (hairline) with Dr. Rahal?

receder

I'm a Norwood 2/2A looking into hairline work (hair is pretty dense otherwise). I've met/consulted with several coalition doctors and have gotten recommendations ranging from 1800-2500 grafts for the hairline. I've been considering FUE as an option because I wear my hair pretty short (buzzed to a #2-3 in the back) and my skin doesn't heal very well. I believe I have a good grasp of the pros/cons in the FUE/FUT debate.

In looking at FUT work, I personally find Dr. Rahal's hairlines to be the most impressive. This is based on the end-results and the fact that Dr. Rahal has treated many patients with similar characteristics to me.

I understand that Dr. Rahal is now incorporating FUE as part of his regular practice. At this time, however, I don't believe there are any 6 or 12 month results available for viewing.

My question is: given his excellent track record for strip, but lack of proven results for FUE, would you be comfortable/confident doing a 2000-2500 hairline FUE with Dr. Rahal?

My inclination, given Dr. Rahal's excellent reputation and strip results, is to trust his confidence in doing FUE, but I'd like to hear from others.

Thanks in advance.

I personally would not go someone that I could not see 12 month work on. That said....Dr. Rahal has GREAT hairlines using strip.

Have you considered Dr. Feller who does have FUE experience and is in the same class as Rahal IMO? Just a thought.

I do not beleive that Dr. Rahal's artistry would be any less in an FUE but I would inquire about the harvesting experience. Again, Rahal is REALLY good at what he does....I just would not want to be a starter FUE patient. He may have quite a bit of experience at it tho...I am not sure.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thanks Spanker, I share your concerns. I believe he has been doing smaller sessions for a few years, but began incorporating it into his regular practice in the past 6 months or so. Dr. Rahal does the extractions himself.

btw, I did meet with Feller, but prefer Rahal for hairlines. to each his own...

I wouldnt go to anyone without proven results. I remember reading an old post where someone was quoted saying he's been trying to incorperate FUE into his practice but has held off recently due to less than expected results.

Things may or may not have changed by now, but its deff something to think about and research.

There is a learning curve with FUE. Of course there was a time when Dr Rahal didn't feel he was ready, but every FUE doctor was at that stage at one time.

Dr Rahal is now performing FUE regularly because he is confident in his ability with it, and some of those patients we know will be sharing their results. A couple already have shared their photos of the early stages post-op.

I think it's fair to say that Dr Rahal wouldn't be encouraging his FUE patients to post their photos if he wasn't fully confident that the results would be up to scratch.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com