I'm scheduled with DR. Ron Shapiro for 1800 grafts FUE

CallMeStupid

I'm taking the dive in January. My only concern is what my clinic sales guy, Matt said to me. Matt said that the survival rate of FUE is not has high as STRIP - roughly 80-100%, where as STRIP is 95-100. Matt said that it's possible that I might need another transplant in the future to cover density, but it's possible one is sufficient. What your opinion on this? Are there people out there that are happy with the results with one procedure? Or is it their selling tactic to give you short of grafts, and require you to go in for another transplant?

Matt is telling you the truth. In fact, he is one of the most honest people in this business.

I will say that you are going to one of the best HT doctors in the business and THE best hairline doctor in the world.

There is no silver bullet. FUE has a lower success rate the strip. There is just no way around that.

I'm taking the dive in January. My only concern is what my clinic sales guy, Matt said to me. Matt said that the survival rate of FUE is not has high as STRIP - roughly 80-100%, where as STRIP is 95-100. Matt said that it's possible that I might need another transplant in the future to cover density, but it's possible one is sufficient. What your opinion on this? Are there people out there that are happy with the results with one procedure? Or is it their selling tactic to give you short of grafts, and require you to go in for another transplant?

hey buddy your in safe hands with SMG and rest assured they don't have a sales tactic (as you call it lol) to give you short amounts of grafts.....simple answer is they tell it how it is bro.

They are honest and straight talking, and wouldn't tell you anything other than the truth dude.........trust me i know first hand through great experiences with them.

Matts a top guy and very straight talking and knowledgeable and will tell you 100% what you need to know.

warm wishes nutster

You will be fine with SMG they are cool

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

CallMeStupid,

As you can tell by the previous responses, you've selected a very talented and ethical hair transplant team. At this point in time, the yield of follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedures is slightly lower than that of traditional follicular unit transplantation (FUT). In my personal opinion, it's definite a compromise and many patients seek FUE over FUT knowing that the yield is likely to be slightly reduced. However, in the hands of a skilled practitioner (ie: Shapiro Medical) you should see very high graft survival rates (quite close to the level of FUT). I'm sure Dr. Shapiro was able to show you various photographs to demonstrate this very point! Good luck, and keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Not that this is of any relivance to your post. But I have a meeting with Matt tomorrow at 2PM. I hope all is well and I hope that I don't need too manyn graftss. I can only afford so much as a college student!!! For once, I am proud to live in Minnesota, the land of the best hair transplant surgeon in the world? SCORE

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily