Question about Bulging in the Face

Hello guys !!

Iv been a silent follower in this forum and been able to get a lot of confidence and a lot of useful information from the posts.

I am thinking of getting a FUT done next year in India. It will surely be Dr. Madhu in Hyderabad as I have read a lot of happy clients with him and I belong to Hyderabad. Right now I am living in Melbourne - Australia.

My biggest doubt would be to know how serious the bulging in the forehead and the face would be post operation? the reason I ask this is because, I had a corneal transplant (Yes, you'v heard that rite) 2.5 years back and do not want any side effects or pressure on the eyes.

through the information I gathered about this topic, I reckon the bulging is mostly in the forehead region !! Any further information would be really handy for me. In any case, prior to the operation, I will consult my eye Doctor who has performed the surgery on me.

Thanks in advance !!

Cheers,

Sundeep

Sundeep,

That sounds like, well, I haven't a clue so good thing u r going to an eye doc. I will tell you what I have experienced after my strip operations through the years and no doubt there is variability among patients.YOu have already probably read this before. So if this sounds like a broken record, then..well..

The swelling does effect my eyes, but usually at the end of the swelling period, when the whole swelling thing is easing off. The swelling starts higher. End of Opday+1 I notice that notice is that I lose the vertical creases in my forehead and I think I look younger so its great. About a day later, it turns into a watermelon forehead, just slightly, basically bulged out in my upper forehead. By day three, this has subsided and I have a marked mongoloid look as the swelling seems to drop. The ridge across the top of my nose has expanded and there is pressure, not the least painful, but gentle pressure on my eyes form the nose outwards. There is sometimes a couple of reddish marks near my eyes. And then by day 5 it's good again. I don't think that this is gonna help.

Oh..just for the record, in my FUEs I experienced no swelling, but I have seen pics of those who have (actually one)

You should be ok. As long as you keep it pressured, as stated above, you should be ok.

Glad you brought that topic up here. Anytime you would be having two different surgeries there is always the prospect that it could be effected.