18 mth update: Dr Rahal- 2100 graft in the temples

Thanks for the update

looks good from the pics, is it completely undetectable?

you said the scar is hard to find, what do you think is the shortest you could cut your hair? what guard #?

You said after some "arm twisting" you got rahal to do the complete hairline, did the doc not want to go so aggresive? could you elaborate?

thanks once again

I think it looks great, but personally I'd be concerned as to what you could potentially look like if you do end up with extensive loss.

Make sure to befriend all your hairloss allies >> propecia, minox, PRP.

newhair2008

Hi Jon,

yep - you wouldnt be able to detect anything. I normally go for a grade 4 on the back on the sides although i did keep it a bit longer for the first 8 months as a precaution.

RE the hair line: I arrived wanting to restore an 18yr old hair line but he advised that this would look silly - he drew the pre-op lines of what he thought would be natural and what we both agreed on. The pics show best what this was. IMO having anything futher fwd would have looked over 'cosmetic' once the hair grows to it full after 8mths+

Hope this helps. let me know if you want more info

Genesis

Originally posted by Fookinhair:

I think it looks great, but personally I'd be concerned as to what you could potentially look like if you do end up with extensive loss.

Make sure to befriend all your hairloss allies >> propecia, minox, PRP.

Hi Fookinhair,

You are right - my hairline would look a bit odd if it all receeded to leave hair growths on each temple!

I thought about this before opting for temple work and I plan to probably have one more op once the frontline recedes where i will look to pack the hairline and whatever else the donor area will stretch to(maybe front 1/2 to 2/3rd of the normal hair area) to achieve a good front on view.

For me it's all about having a strong hairline to frame the face (think Prince Charles). I'd much rather have this and a bit of visible crown than have a large forehead but a more populated crown. It would suit my face structure a lot more.

And who knows... ...cloning in 10 years time to cover all - fingers crossed!

Genesis

newhair2008,

I appreciate that you came back to update your blog and share your results with us.

It's a shame that pictures didn't turn out that great. But it's obvious your hair did. Congratulations on restoring your hair. I'm glad you are happy with your results.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi newhair2008,

thank you for sharing. Do u care to elaborate on the significance of growth between each month in percentage as way to compare the growth.

thank you for your time.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

You look good friend but aren't you a little alarmed that you have a juvenille hairline and will potentially lose everything behind it? Would not a mature hairline have been a safer bet? Personally 2100 grafts in the temples alone I think is a bit risky, i hope you have a great donor because that's one third of available graft hair for most joes; one third of the donor placed in the temples makes me a little bit nervous.

You look good, but I hope you don't have long term regrets.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016