Dr. Humayun Mohmand. 12 months results

littlewolf

littlewolf,

Its a pretty good offer from the doc as SHANGLA said, "Dr. Humayun will not only offer you complementary surgery, but because you are a foreigner and especially traveled to Pakistan for HT surgery, will also offer free 2 nights stay, food, and 50% economy class ticket to Pakistan."

not every doc offers this, if I were you I would take it but obviously the decision is yours.

Wait a sec, complementary surgery, a 50% ticket to the country of the surgery, free 2 nights stay, and food to please a patient who was unhappy about his results. The doc realizes the results didn't please the patient and then does something you rarely hear. Talk about trying to make sure the customer is happy.

That's class, that's class, talk about great business ethics. I don't think many doctors would offer such customer service. Dr. Mohmand, you got a thumbs up in my books. I guess that assures and gives confidence to a lot of people that may have surgery with you. That if something doesn't go as planned that you got their back. Obviously, in rare cases anything can happen, some may not achieve the desired result. But it seems you are going all out to make sure the customer is happy. Pretty honest business practice.

i have to agree with sparky on this one. When I saw the post op pics I thought my eyes were deceiving me but Sparky just confirmed what was in the back of my mind with the lack of skillfull placement and distribution. I don't know if this has been mentioned but is it Dr Mohmand who makes the incisions or is it the techs?

Well granted he is a coalition doctor, I don't think most docs would even offer any kind of air fare full or partial or hotel accommodations, food, plus another surgery complimentary. If anything, I have heard of partial refunds without these other add ons. So, that's why his customer service surprised me. Granted some people may not achieve optimal results they seek, but rather then to argue to instead help due to the result was pretty honorable. I mean, I know there are cases where people do not achieve what they seek, what is it 5%?, but the admittance and help in correction for the patient is a big thing. I think his clinic is going above and beyond to help. How many clinics would do that? Some would not even re-connect with that patient, while some may say ok next surgery would be cheaper, or some would say partial refund. Everyone spends thousands of dollars doing this, but to have some sort of customer satisfaction guarantee is rare. But anyway, that's the first time I heard of such an offer honestly.

Although, obviously everyone wants and should get the best result the first time. I am sure tons of other people have been in those shoes. I have seen results of other clinics and doctors not on the coalition that left some people totally scarred with big donor scars, while some with plugs from the past, then some with other issues, and I am sure most people don't get that kind of service. In the case of one of my relatives, bosley kind of gave him a nasty scar that is very visible the first time around, he went back for a special discount rate due to the scar for another procedure thinking they will fix it, he ended up with another 1 just as big and he is scarred mentally and literally with two scars now.

In this case, for little wolf, this clinic recognized that the growth isn't what is satisfactory as that user Shangla said "I would rather give a very honest opinion that hair growth is only 50% which is not according to our expectations and standards( this may be because of human related factors or X,Y,Z factors etc). It may be because you are one of those rare cases who also show hair growth in 10-12 months which probably will not happen in your case. Still we should see for 2 more months."

I too think this particular result is unsatisfactory for anyone with 2440 grafts. I would be mad if anyone had to go through the hassle, pain, wait of hair transplants and at the same time not get any feedback or help after all that mess. At least, they want to help, unlike money making places, in my personal opinion, like Bosley etc. Don't know how many unsatisfactory results each and every clinic has, but looking at this doctors coalition page, he doesn't seem to have bad results. Another thing I find kind of surprising is, I don't think I have seen those high norwoods having transplants before? I'd think a lot of doctors would turn them down due to the area to cover with the donor supply? But nevertheless, this doctor achieved great results on them with the lack of donor supply for their full scalp. That probably helped them emotionally, you can see it in their pictures by their expressions.

I think all of the coalition doctors chosen here by the operators/leaders of this forum are great doctors, they each are gifted in the art of hair restoration (strip or fue). This forum does a good job filtering good docs and keeping crooks out. I trust this forum and the help and advice it offers. The mods do a great job adding their input to the discussion and helping those that lack knowledge. I've learned a lot from them. This doctor was chosen by them after a review, and I am certain, due to the results, and service is the reason he is respected and here today.

Doesnt look anything like 2440 were planted, not even close, they are far too spaced out.

Just look at the grafts in the link below, they would have to be fairly densly packed to fit 2440 into this area, and they are very far apart.

Hair Restoration Journal -5th day

Edited by Sparky

Doesnt look anything like 2440 were planted, not even close, they are far too spaced out.

I think the patient said 2440 grafts were implanted, but then again the user Shangla suggested 50% growth, so that's why it probably looks the way it does

Sparky, oct 29 ones kicked ass. Did any hairs even fall out after the procedure? Seems they sprouted on contact.

They all fell out like they should of, dont think i've ever had hairs grow off the bat. (I've added new pics now)

The first link I gave was for this patients head though....

My fault, i saw your 9 day and then jumped to the 2 month, that's why I thought that. But even so, it seems you are the lucky ones that grew it quick after the procedure. Usually, a lot of people take longer. left you a comment

i have to agree with sparky on this one. When I saw the post op pics I thought my eyes were deceiving me but Sparky just confirmed what was in the back of my mind with the lack of skillfull placement and distribution. I don't know if this has been mentioned but is it Dr Mohmand who makes the incisions or is it the techs?

Dear Mr Anouar

Yes of coures, Its the surgeon who himself makes the incisions.

Regards

I am patient Advisor to Dr. Humayun Mohmand Hair Transplant Institute, Pakistan. All opinions and views shared are my own. Not a medical professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your comments.

Im stalling because of two things....

1, security in pakistan. (it was nice to be there but didnt want to go back twice)

2, worried about using up too much donor hair.

Not sure what to do............??????????:confused:

Any advice for that??

If I was you, I would get whatever compensation I can get and go to a different doctor. I have seen good results from dr humayun as well but I personally won't feel confident sitting in the chair again knowing in the back of my head that what happened the first time. I dont think donor supply is something worth taking a risk about. Money can come back again even though not easy all the time.

I hate to say this but i do find patients being much misguided on these websites as well as being guided properly. Sometimes its hard to differentiate between the two...

Anyway, this is a really good surgeon who not only holds alot of titles under his belt but also knows his stuff.....bad results could be cause of any of the possibilities mentioned above and i would recommend treating this as unfortunate rather than error on either side.....though i must say i've never heard a patient here say 'it was my fault..i did that,or that..or that..etc.etc" but thats another story!

Take the offer dude...but make sure he personally overseas your complete procedure...thats a gaurantee you will get the best results for your individual case...whether that means no results even

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your comments.

Im stalling because of two things....

1, security in pakistan. (it was nice to be there but didnt want to go back twice)

2, worried about using up too much donor hair.

Not sure what to do............??????????:confused:

Any advice for that??

Dear littlewolf

My friend don't worry, security in Pakistan as very good. Its all the media. you also discussed even the first time when you were coming to Pakistan about the security, but you saw that every thing was OK. Now a days, pakistan is much secure to travel as compared to last year. I can suggest you to travel other cities as well.

will be pleasure to see you again with us, and will show you some good places in Capital Islamabad, so that you can see how secure Pakistan is. Foreigners from all parts of the world started coming again, even Indian friends started coming to Pakistan for hair transplant.

Trust me, there will be no problem.

cheers

I am patient Advisor to Dr. Humayun Mohmand Hair Transplant Institute, Pakistan. All opinions and views shared are my own. Not a medical professional.