Dr Carman 2176 Fu Grafts 1 Week PostOp

not that noticable - looks good

I think that for patients worried about going back to work this highlights just HOW noticeable this surgery is on one's head. I think many clinics and patients down play this far too much and mislead patients which can lead to unnecessary embarrassment and poor planning.

HTs into bald scalp stand out like a beacon post surgery. It is what it is.

Hi,

Well I planned by return to work really well. I told the majority of people I work with that I was going to have a hair transplant and that I was going to look a bit strange for a week or two. In my case I have insufficient hair to hide the procedure so I thought it was best to be upfront about it.

I have read a number of threads surrounding this issue and I don't see the point in trying to hide the procedure. After surgery I did get a few looks from people I didn't know because my scalp had many scabs and it was very obvious. It was a little embarrassing but far less than being 22 years old and starting to go really bald at such a young age. I'm 49 years old now and it doesn't worry me what people think about me.

Regards

Rod

thats a very good point , i will have to ask the Dr that I choose if I will be able to cover the work with my exisiting hair until the hairs start growing , since I plan to go to work 2 days after the procedure , I am in sales and will have to visit client s

It's absolutely great if you can wear it proud - good for you brother ! But for most patients they are trying to keep the procedure a closely held secret. I was very lucky as I could wear a hat and use hair to cover it but I had to be careful.....

Yeah, no doubt the post-op stage sucks for the first month or two... sometimes more. In the end, hopefully the results are worth it all.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group