6 day Post Op - Dr. Meshkin - Newport Beach

Craig949

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with my hair restoration surgery I had last week. I had 2000 grafts with Dr. Michael Meshkin in Newport Beach, CA. Most of the grafts were to restore my hairline which had receded severely. The remaining were transplanted throughout the top of my head and crown.

The procedure itself couldn't have gone better. The only real pain were the needles of course, but graft extraction and transplant were a piece of cake. My advice Valium + Prozac = Easy surgery :)

I've attached my hair blog so you can follow along with my progress. I plan on posting an image every week or so.

Tomorrow will be one week since the surgery and my only concern is the the stitches were the graft were taken are still pretty sensitive and there is a bit of pain. I use witchazel and neosporin twice a day and there is almost zero blood so I'm guessing that I'm experiencing normal symptoms.

Take a look at my pics and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

-Craig

Hi Craig949,

May I ask you how much did it cost you for the 2000 grafts and did you take the financing or was it available?

I am planning to have hair restoration surgery in San Diego probably next month, Oct 2010 and wanted to get more info before picking the surgeon.

I have talked to 1 doctor and will talk to another 1 tomorrow.

• 8 months later...

hello, I just had my surgery wit dr. meshkin a week ago. How is everything going? did your hair grow after all? Would you mind sending me a private message? I would like to see the final results. thank you. by the way I saw you got 2000, I received 3020 grafts

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

hello there. sorry for not responding before. yes today is my 14 day after my hair transplant and I am doing pretty good. Dr. Meshking is a very proffesional and cool guy. he explained everything in detail and took all the time in the world to answer all my questions. He even called me the day after my surgery to see how I was doing. He even gave me his cellphone to call him if I had any question:) by the way all his staff are very nice people and from what they told me have lots of year.s of experience. Right now all my scabs are falling off when I shampoo my hair. what else can I tell you, lets see.....nope thats it I just have to wait for a long time to see the results. I had a very good experience with Dr. Meshkin. now I just have to pray that my hair grows. lol. I will recomend Dr. Meshkin. if you have any more questions let me know. thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Very satisfying transformation! I've always been a big fan of Dr. Meshkin's work, and this case is no exception. Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 years later...