Hair Transplant at True&Dorin

ramj4013

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my insight on my hair transplant experience at True and Dorin medical group.

I had a FUE 4 days ago with approximately 820 grafts (1400 hair).

Firstly the staff and technicians are very friendly. It was very relaxed atmosphere.

I had a previous hair transplantation surgery in India and was satisfied with my results. I stopped using propecia and this resulted in accelerated loss. My scar in donar area was thick and the lenght of the scar extended upto 1 inch above my ear. I contacted Dr.Dorin for initial consultation and he recommended a FUE procedure.

The only pain that I felt was during anesthesia and after that it was pretty much painless thoughout the surgery. After 4 days, I dont have any major pain in donar area. I saw a lot of posts where people said they had tremendous post op pain for FUE surgery. So, I was skeptical to go for this procedure. Now, I think I made a right choice.

Positive points:

- No swelling

- No pain after the surgery in donar area (except minor pain which can be avoided with ibuprofin or any pain killers)

-The grafts were very skillfully placed. I dont see any irregularities

- Excellent crew and very relaxed environment

- Overall I am very satisfied

Negetive points

- Pain during anesthesia (which cant be avoided)

- My surgery was approx $9 per graft which was at high end but I think it was worth the money.

I will let you guys know the results in a few months.

My impression was that True and Dorin group is exceptional and I highly recommend to any new patients.

I would like to thank you guys once again for such a useful website. I would have never found the right doctors without your help.

Congratulations on selecting a great clinic. You should be very happy with the end results. If you have the time, you should set up a blog through the forums to showcase your progress as the transplant matures. I also just wanted to add that I don't think $9 a graft is too high of a price for FUE. For strip maybe, but I believe Dr. Feller, a fellow hair restoration physician in New York, charges $10 a graft ... so very similar.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

ramj4013,

Welcome to our forum community and congratulations on selecting a top notch clinic.

When you get a chance, I encourage you to share some photos with us. The best way to do this is by creating a free patient website.

I look forward to seeing your pictures and following along with your progress.

All the Best,

Bill