Is this shock loss?

I had my grafts placed in the front and midscalp area. The day after the procedure, I noticed a lot of native hairs shedding in my vertex area. Since this area is close to the donor area, can this be shockloss? The vertex area is numb (which I know is normal for a few months after the procedure). So does this mean that its vulnerable to shockloss?

If grafts are placed in an area with native hair, then shockloss can happen. Propecia is supposed to help prevent this but to what degree I don't know.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

John, from your pictures it looks like your entire vertex area has been shaved down, so I'm not too sure how you can be noticing native hairs falling out. Do you mean another part of your scalp perhaps? Do you have pictures of the shocked areas? Most cases of shockloss I have seen occur around the strip and are generally temporary. Also, hairs that are shocked out in the recipient area will grow back unless they are very weak and were about to fall out anyway.

On another note: it seems from your posts that you lack some faith in Dr. Feller. But looking at your pics he is doing everything right. I know it's a very tough process, and insecurities, especially a few days post-op, are very normal. But you picked one of the top doctors in this field--try not to drive yourself crazy, and good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere;

Oh no; dont get me wrong; I have full faith in Dr Feller; after all this IS the second time I went to him. But this site is very convenient to ask quick questions with knowledgeable members. The first procedure I received ~3200 grafts in the same area as I received now which was ~2100 grafts. The area that I was asking about shockloss was I guess right behind the area that was shaved. Most of the scalp above the donor area is numb (I know, normal) which indicates trauma to the area. But I noticed that a lot of hair is shedding from that spot. No grafts were placed there, but was wondering since the area is numb if hair can shed like shock loss. I know that its normal to lose about 100 hairs per day, but this seems like more hair than normal coming from that spot.

In my experience shock loss can happen anywhere close to where any cutting or planting was done. My sides shocked all the way down to my side burns and back about 2 inches making my sides (safe zone areas) look totally see through. They filled back in but the pattern of shock-loss seemed so bizarre and out of whack it freaked me the f out. I think it came simply from the implants that where done down both sides but the shock went back really far. So if you had implants that far back it would not seem out there at all that you had some shock in the vertex to me.

If grafts are placed in an area with native hair, then shockloss can happen. Propecia is supposed to help prevent this but to what degree I don't know.

Propecia did not seem to have impact on my shock loss .... I was on it for years b4 and I still shocked pretty bad.