Just had 3810 grafts in Bangkok with Dr Pathomvanich

djames

Hi all, finally got round to choosing the doctor and taking the plunge....had 3810 grafts in bangkok with dr path on tuesday 7th sept, currently 6 days post op and waiting to fly home. I shall post more about my experience once im home and receive all the details and pics from the dr's office. I can say im extremely pleased so far, new hairline looks great, sutures out this morning and all looking well. It really wasnt as bad as i was expecting pain wise, piece of cake really and flew over, speak soon

a very pleased djames :-)

djames,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Pathomvanich! I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your experience so far. I look forward to following your progress. Please keep us updated!

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr. Path does excellent work. You will be happy!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hey djames, congratulations! If I remember correctly, it was a long road for you getting to Dr. Path. I remember you had to cancel your surgery due to the Red Shirt demonstrations. Anyways, I'm happy to hear everything went well. I have my HT with Dr. Path 10 weeks ago and though it's still very early, I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to hearing your experiences!

Dr path is a good man,

even though i have not had my surgery with him, he has helped me with questions and estimates and decision making over the last 3 years right from the begining of my hairtransplant journey on line via emails etc etc

in the end i chose dr hasson. and dr path has still been able to aid me with my hair loss as now im in bangkok and he has helped me with folliculitis and minoxidil. even though im a patiant of another dr he still like to help!!!!! alot of lesser dr would not do this, he really is comittied to the cause and helping people which is what a good dr should be like..............

i have a strong feeling that dr paths following due to his professionalism and customer care and after care and his effort to always improve and do the best he can for every pataint will result in his clinic and his profile going form strength to strength.............

in regards to your HT i beleive you made a good decision and you should be very very happy in 10 months time good luck to you nad happy growing!!

:P

hi james, like what everyone here said, i am not surprised u had a world class experience, especially on the pain segment! I had my surgery in mid june and i was quite concerned on the pain and it turns out seriously fine which surprised me!

I am 3 mths into surgery but so far i am not seeing results but its still early so its just a waiting game for me :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

thanks everyone, im quite prepared for this waiting game and pretty chilled out about the whole thing. The scar was my main worry but im now thinking what would you rather have , a hidden scar and your hair " and life " back or not go through with it because of this scar and continue the constant wearing hats, hiding your head and still be the unconfident social recluse. As for Dr Path, your quite right j1j9j85, hes brilliant and his staff are fantastic too. You instantly know your in good hands.

I have noticed today that when running my hands through my native hair on the sides of the head im getting quite a few hairs in between fingers, could this be the start of shockloss?? im straight back into work and had a stressful couple of days so im not sure what its down to. Not too worried tho as its too early to see whats going to happen and i know shockloss is a prob that can happen. Thanks again guys

james, on the contrary, from day 1, i did not see any hairs coming off even when i comb my hair etc. However, i defn had shock loss. Maybe it just happened. However, i am not too worried as i am confident everything shld be fine :)

I can seriously see some very short hair sprouting out. Hopefully, i will see good results :)

all the best!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi James,

Congratulations.. and now you are in wait game, which is the hardest part of the HT. Can you please post pictures?

My HT with Dr. Path is scheduled at the end of November this year. By listening to your comments, I feel confident on my decision of choosing HT center.

I am all set for travelling Bangkok except hotel reservation. Do you want to recommend any hotels there in Bangkok and/or any website? This is my first visit to Bangkok and travelling with family.

Thanks and good luck to your HT journey..

>>Allan

Hi Allan, i hear of nothing except good stuff about Dr Pat and obviously i am one of his patients too. In fact, i just did a super close up inspection and find very very short hair growing! Wish me luck!

Hi,

I stayed at Abloom Exclusive Serviced Apartments when I had my HT at DHT Clinic (August 2010). It is only 1 rail stop from the clinic and if you want to it is within walking distance.

The rate was quite good, the breakfast whilst basic was fine. The rooms were very good and it was the best value accommodation that we had whilst in Malaysia and Thailand.

Good luck with your HT. The staff at DHT clinic are very good. They won't sit there and hold your hand but they are very experienced and professional.

I would suggest that you organise a HEB B, C and HIV test before you go for your trip. One thing that I wasn't aware of is that they won't go ahead with an operation if they discover problems. I was told that their blood test sometimes gives false positives. In my case I had my blood tests completed in Australia and took them with me to ensure that there would be no issues to add to my stress before the procedure.

Btw when I went for my consult a couple of days before the procedure my blood pressure measured 179/110. Doctor Kulakarn was really worried about this but I told her that I had forgotten my medication that day and I had been worried that I would miss my appointment because it took 1.5 hours from the airport to the hotel and then I couldn't find the clinic :(.

Regards

Rod

My HT with Dr. Path is scheduled at the end of November this year. By listening to your comments, I feel confident on my decision of choosing HT center.

I am all set for travelling Bangkok except hotel reservation. Do you want to recommend any hotels there in Bangkok and/or any website? This is my first visit to Bangkok and travelling with family.

>>Allan

Hi Allan,

I've also booked with Dr. Path for early December this year and also find this thread very reassuring.

As far as accommodation is concerned, I've booked to stay at the Adelphi Suites in Sukhumvit Soi 8. It's very close to Nana BTS station and it takes less than 15 minutes on the Skytrain to get to Ari...I had a consultaion with Dr. Path in June and the trip was a doddle.

My reason for staying there is that it's a terrific hotel, it's close to the BTS, central (just three stop to Siam Square) and Soi 8 is a great street for restaurants and close to some good bars.

Best of luck with your surgery...it sounds like we made a good decision.

Also, thanks to James for the updates on his experiences with Dr. Path.

Bren.

Hi Alan, i also stayed close to the nana and pheon chit skytrain stations. My hotel was the FuramaXclusive and was very clean. I dont think it really matters where your hotel is as its so easy to get around on the skytrain. I found it was cheaper to use thomas cook travel agents to get the flight/hotel together which is why i used the furamaxclusive but i think if i go back next year i will base myself in a hotel closer to Dr Path, perhaps near the Ari , Siam or Victory Monument Stations.

Im back into my normal routine, taking it a little easier as my donor is a little tender still but all in all everythings been fine, occasional itchiness which irritates you but not too bad. I shall send the clinic an email to see if they send you the pictures they took and ill try and get them on here soon. I can only remember the doc saying youve good donor density, 102 or something like that, i was a bit out of it on the meds they give you but you hear them on calculators working everything out so ill try and get all the info too.

Good luck with your trip, simply dont worry as there is no need, i can assure you your in safe hands, Dr Path is ultra professional and will know what he needs to do to put things right.......i didnt really need to tell him where to put my hairline, he uses a laser guide instrument and drew it on and it was exactly as i wanted it. I did take a photo of my younger self just before the hairloss started, not to say i wanted it back like this but to show where it used to be as of course you dont want to lower the hairline past where it naturally was, in my opinion.

Oh and do try and do the scalp excercises, i wouldnt say i did them that often but maybe it helped, i wasnt expecting getting the 3810 grafts in one go so maybe i helped it along, who knows

speak soon

Djames

Hi James,

Congratulations.. and now you are in wait game, which is the hardest part of the HT. Can you please post pictures?

>>Allan

I live in Bangkok 3-4 months per year and have an apartment on Ratchada Rd. I'll actually be in Hong Kong at the end of November, so I won't be in town when you are there.

I can't really give you advice about a hotel as you haven't specified a price range. With no limits, for example, I am likely to recommend the Mandarin Oriental, Dusit Thani, or JW Marriott...

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

I'm 10 weeks post op tomorrow and definitely got some shockloss in the first 2 months. It does seem to be subsiding now and many small thin hairs are coming out. The new hairs are very easy to spot because I color hair which is dk brown, most all of the new hairs are gray!

Hi,

I'm 6 weeks post operation after having had my procedure done by DHT Clinic in Bangkok. All the grafts appear to have shed and I'm crossing my fingers that I will get some growth. The donor site seems to be healing quite well.

I had almost as many grafts as you and I was hoping for 4000 but my scalp was a little too tight and they were able to extract 3743. I was pretty bald so I was hoping for as many as I could get.

Just waiting now...

Regards

Rod