{HELP ME PLZ} Many pimples/acne on forehead only

Hi

I am male and 24 years old , i've done FUE SAFE surgery on my head about 12 days ago (3000 grafts) . after about 10 days post operation , i have noticed many acnes or pimples ON MY FOREHEAD ONLY and some in front line of my transplanted ...they itch and sometimes they heart ,

1-i wanna know if it is normal or not?

2-what should i do ?

3-will they cause any problem for my transplanted grafts or not ?

your help and care will be merciful

thanks

Best regards

Iman

IMAG0129.jpg.c574dbfd895f924579003ce0d25d6087.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg.3a202810b6f0a66817476a37f96ef2b0.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg.fd9f6bbc2826339f12cf705428f65de0.jpg

Are you applying Vitamin E oil to the recipient area? If you are, the oil might be dripping down onto your forehead, thus causing your pores to clog. Many times this will cause acne flare ups. I suggest trying some acne soaps; I personally would stay away from any kind of acne soaps that contain benzoyl peroxide. Try one with salicylic acid.

Since the pimples are on your forehead, you shouldn't worry about it effecting your grafts.

Thanks ,for the answer , but i donnot use any oil products .my skin is oily type itself . i take a shower atleast 1 time a day and if i have time 2 times a day ,the doctor told me to NOT touch the transplanted area until 20 days post-operative and now i am on 13 days post -operation , and i have to put only shampoo bubbles on my head about 10-15 mins and after that clean the bubble with a bowel of the water (not direct shower stream ) .i mean i have to pour water from non-transplanted area to sweep into transplanted area (so no water pressure at all ) ...

I HAVE NOTICE SOMETHING WHITE COATED MY TRANSPLNTED AREA .... damn i think it is because of the shampoo and that i donot touch my head...now i have white scabs on my head + thousands of acne on my forehead ...

Edited by imanh

imanh,

Since this condition did not begin until 10 days post-transplant, in my opinion, your grafts should be fine. However, I've never heard of this happening as a result of hair transplant surgery. Have you consulted your physician?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi again

Thanks for the answer and concern ...

I got to a physician and she told me that is because of the shampoo i use ( Johnson baby shamoo ) she told me that it is weak and cannot clean my head throughly and she told me to use Alpecin shampoo A2( as far as my hair is oily ) and she gave me Erythromycine lotion 2% and told me to use it twice a day , this evening i will go to the physician that implantation clinic is his and ask about situation , i will keep updated here, thanks again for the help and concern

Best regards

Iman

I got the my dermatologist physician and he gave me"Bioclin sebo care for oily skin " and "skin life anti-acne cream " i have to use them twice a day ,and i think i am getting results , i am still concerned about my grafts ... but i think i put it so far , as far as it begun from 10 days prior after surgery ,

Thanks everybody

I will post after treatment photos as soon as i get results

Iman

I got the my dermatologist physician and he gave me"Bioclin sebo care for oily skin " and "skin life anti-acne cream " i have to use them twice a day ,and i think i am getting results , i am still concerned about my grafts ... but i think i put it so far , as far as it begun from 10 days prior after surgery ,

Thanks everybody

I will post after treatment photos as soon as i get results

Iman

Dear Imanh

did you get any sewlling on your forehead??? You should not be worried for your grafts. I am sure they will be safe and will grow.

Best Regards

I am patient Advisor to Dr. Humayun Mohmand Hair Transplant Institute, Pakistan. All opinions and views shared are my own. Not a medical professional.

• 9 years later...
On 9/4/2010 at 2:34 PM, imanh said:

Hi again

Thanks for the answer and concern ...

I got to a physician and she told me that is because of the shampoo i use ( Johnson baby shamoo ) she told me that it is weak and cannot clean my head throughly and she told me to use Alpecin shampoo A2( as far as my hair is oily ) and she gave me Erythromycine lotion 2% and told me to use it twice a day , this evening i will go to the physician that implantation clinic is his and ask about situation , i will keep updated here, thanks again for the help and concern

Best regards

Iman

Having the same problem.
from 15 days after my HT, I've been having pimples of my forehead. Today...they are a looooot more than previous days.
I had the sensation that sebamed is woo weak for me and the dirty/oil of skin could be the reason.
Thanks you!

I've never heard of pimples on the forehead being a side effect of a HT, but it seems like it's connected to the shampoo/type of washing you're doing. Chances are you're being a little too conservative with washing your scalp (based on your doctor's recommendations), so there's most likely left over shampoo on your scalp/skin that's leading to this. Either way, it won't affect the grafts at all....

Annnnddddd just realized that this is a super old post that's been resurrected, but the response remains the same and perhaps will reassure anyone who stumbles across this post in 2020. 😂

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

I've never heard of pimples on the forehead being a side effect of a HT, but it seems like it's connected to the shampoo/type of washing you're doing. Chances are you're being a little too conservative with washing your scalp (based on your doctor's recommendations), so there's most likely left over shampoo on your scalp/skin that's leading to this. Either way, it won't affect the grafts at all....

Annnnddddd just realized that this is a super old post that's been resurrected, but the response remains the same and perhaps will reassure anyone who stumbles across this post in 2020. 😂

I found the answer to my question. So, it was useless to open a new post.-
I resurrected this one because a lot of guys have this problem but there aren't answer on the net.