Scar Review for Strip Donor Scar (help) PICS

Moro

I close 95% with sutures. I am a better sewer than stapler. But in the right hands, they probably give equal results....assuming the deep layers are addressed and you aren't just relying on a skin closure. In that case I personally think that either technique will give you just as mediocre or even poor scars.

I'll occasionally staple if someone requests it but for me, sutures are better in my hands. At one time I calculated that I'd placed about 800,000 sutures since the year 2000.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

Dr. Lindsey, thanks for responding, I really appreciate it.

Concerning the "Stitches vs Staples" topic, my biggest concern its about the width and marks, I do not care much about hair growing in the scar but to have the best possible thin scar with no marks from stitches or staples.

My question is when they do Staples, how come they dont do a deeper row of stitches underneath? why? is it in off to hold the tension just with the outside staples?

• 3 weeks later...

Moro, here's an example of a scar similar to yours. See the pre-op pics and then see the shaved pics when he was having his hairline work.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=5349&WebID=1654

Shaved:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=5352&WebID=1654

Edited by biscuit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

Biscuit, I think that looks much better than mine, it is white, not hypertrophic and doesnt have the hash marks or rail tracks, the 3 worst things about a scar.

Anyway tanks for shearing. I ve seen that you are a regular poster here and obviously have good knowledge , where would you go for a Scar Revision?

dr lindsey would be a good dr he is both a plastic surgeon and a hair transplant expert........... i dont think you could find much better!!!

although im sure many of the top coalition drs would make a big improvment, i would feel dr lindseys expertese in complex areas such as face lifts etc etc and the essential nature of having invisible scars would give him an advantage!

may be you should go for a in person consult so he can see in the flesh the ways to over come your problem!? as a picture can tell a thousand lie's

:D

Our goals are different. My goal would be to improve the scar and get some coverage at the same time. I would go back to H&W for a tricho strip revision and use the grafts in my crown.

Your goal appears to be to improve the look of your scar with a shaved head with no desire to add any coverage to other parts of your head. Unfortunately you have a hypertrophic scar, so the first step would be to get it flattened. I've never looked into that so I can't give any recommendations. But once it was flat I would probably use beard hair FUE into the scar, assuming you have a decent amount of beard hair. Dr Umar has shown some good results with that kind of procedure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

• 4 weeks later...
Biscuit, I think that looks much better than mine, it is white, not hypertrophic and doesnt have the hash marks or rail tracks, the 3 worst things about a scar.

Anyway tanks for shearing. I ve seen that you are a regular poster here and obviously have good knowledge , where would you go for a Scar Revision?

Thats my scar and it does have the train tracks, none of the rest though and it's only 13cm long.