Will using Couvre everyday accelerate frontal loss?

Hi, I'm new here. I've been using Couvre about everyday since I discovered it a year ago to mitigate the appearance of thinning in my frontal region. Does anybody know if having the product on my scalp constantly is going to "smother" my existing follicles or anything to that effect?

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Definitely won't do you any harm, "smothering" is one of those myths, like having excess sebum that blocks pores, anyone who's ever seen and ingrown hair would see that it obviously takes a lot more than a thin layer of dye/wax to stop hair growth.

The only thing I would suggest is that many many people here far prefer Dermatch to couvre saying it looks much better and is easier to use, doesn't cost a lot either so might be worth a try?

I personally use Nanogen fibres and am really happy with the result, especially if you have thinning hair on the crown or front.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the info.

I will look into Dermatch. Is there a well reputed place to buy it? I've been pretty happy with Couvre so far but I am willing to try other things.

Bill - I do use Rogaine Foam (for about 1.5 years now) with apparently no results. As for Propecia/et al, I had negative side effects with Propecia so unfortunately I don't take any internal meds for hair loss. I am banking on getting enough grafts to live forever on one or tow future HTs. * sigh.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

Also another consideration is a concealer that goes with your regime. I personally have a spray on concealer(works really well) but it kinda mixes with the minox i put on, as i only wash my hair(as recommended) every 2 days so the day i dont wash my hair i have smugy brown stuff when the minox is put on but its not a huge problem. Just a consideration...

Regards,

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH

I didn't to violate the terms of service for this website by suggesting someone post a link if they should not. Perhaps PM'ing me the info would be ok?

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre