dr reys i he still performing help

hi guys seriously thinkin of going with prohair but heard that dr rey has gone and the results that looked good are all from him and there new doc has no experience any recent patients here or if reys is opening his own please help guys thanks

Darren,

Although I have not heard anything about Prohair or Dr. Reys (positive or negative), I would highly recommend thoroughly researching and consulting with several reviewed and recommended hair transplant surgeons before scheduling a procedure. Good luck! Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Darren,

Are you looking for information on a recommended surgeon in particular, or just information related to Dr. Reys (which I cannot provide because I'm unfamiliar with his work)?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Darren,

Hopefully other members will come forward with advice because I'm not familiar with prohair or Dr Reys. Again, feel free to use the search engine, continue researching, and reviewing our recommended physicians. Good luck!

Darren,

I believe you are probably talking about Dr. DeReys of Belguim, not Dr. Alba Reyes of the Dominican Republic right?

Dr. DeReyes used to work with ProHair Clinic however, last I heard he left and started his own practice. He appeared to be doing solid work with ProHair and from interviewing him over Skype video chat when he was with ProHair, he also appears to have a realistic view of what can be accomplished with FUE. Dr. DeReys was being considered for potential recommendation when he was affiliated with ProHair however, because his associate Bart chose not to address the concerns posted by this community, he wasn't approved for recommendation at the time. Personally, I'd be interested in speaking with him again to learn more about his new clinic, his staff, and see what kind of work he is producing today.

Happy, please keep promotional links off of this forum as has been indicated in the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.

Thanks,

Bill

hello bill,

i am quite confused about your advice in terms of keeping promotional links off:

darren and then Future_HT_Doc asked other members to chip in. as a matter of providing help, i spent some time doing research on the doc and the clinic. the relevant results that i finally found i then copied and pasted in my reply.

so, this has nothing to do with promoting any links but simply with helping other people here. otherwise, i suppose that every other link that is being published in this forum needs to be removed as well.

Happy, u have to understand that Bill does not have any agenda but indeed, promotional links are not allowed. I see where u are coming from and i completely agree with u but due to numerous past incidents whereby fake posters ( visa vie sales promoters disguising as forum members ) keep posting promotional links which sort of confused many forum members including me

The only solution is to do a clean sweep of such by disallowing promotional links. If u indeed have good information, u can either PM the original poster or just write generally

Ultimately I hope u understand its necessary for Bill to step in :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

sorry, i still don't understand.

what you are saying is that whenever people publish a link here then this will be removed because of being a potentially promotional link. fair enough if this is the general policy of the forum.

if this is really the case, why does this forum then still consist of published links?

ps.: i understand that promotional links can be a nuisance for the public. however, people nowadays aren't that that stupid anymore not to find out easily.

as for your advice, the whole point in publishing links (and not use eg. pm) in my view is to make it public since other people might also be interested in the info.

Happy,

I find it quite strange that you are making such a stink about keeping promotional links off this forum. If you have information to share, feel free to post it. But there's no need to link to websites that are promoting goods or services. After all, anyone can just go to a physician's website and look up the information themselves. If you've done a lot of research yourself, you should be able to summarize what you've learned rather than post a bunch of links. Anybody can do that!

For more information, read the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected,

Bill

Darren,

Hopefully other members will come forward with advice because I'm not familiar with prohair or Dr Reys. Again, feel free to use the search engine, continue researching, and reviewing our recommended physicians. Good luck!

Bill,

this is the only reason why i helped, invested time for research and provided info that was asked for. since i didn't want to spend any unnecessary additional time i simply kept it to the point and copy and pasted the links that i found - this way people can find out more about them if they want to. eg. darren didn't seem to be able to find this info himself.

this has nothing to do with promoting links.

Happy,

After all, anyone can just go to a physician's website and look up the information themselves.

Bill

actually, you are right. it's just a matter of time when people find the info. and so far my understanding about a forum has been to simply shortcut this process.

Happy,

I assure you that removal of the link in no way affects your status, posting privileges, etc, on this site. As I said before, I appreciate you sharing the information, but (like Bill stated) it's best to summarize and re-post the information; not sharing a link that promotes some product or service. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Sorry to barge in on this discussion, long time reader and now a poster. I've been searching high and low for details of the clinic where Dr De Reys is now practising but have not found anything. I don't need a link, but the name of the clinic would be helpful? Perhaps a PM if someone can be so kind. Many thanks

bill, blake and wb280,

i appreciate your efforts to provide advice to forum members eg. about best practice and to make sure that your forum is not being "hijacked" eg. for marketing and sales promotion reasons. that's great. and i can fully support you in that.

let me just make one last public comment about our different views since the underlying thoughts should also be of public interest:

to start with, i understand that you define "promotional links" as any links that contain services that are being offered, eg. hair transplantation. and that you would remove any of those links if they were part of a post.

now what makes it really difficult to digest your approach with "promotional links" is that obviously you apply different rules and don't do a clean sweep as wb280 suggested earlier. i give you one example:

in one of the other posts entitled "1 EURO PER GRAFTS STRIP, 2 EURO - STRIP" the author venividivici included such a promotional link and which is (promotional link removed) however, even after more than a year this promotional link hasn't been removed yet. i personally found / find it great since it gives readers like me the chance to find out more about eg. clinics that were previously unknown, and to contribute actively to this forum by making further comments.

however, when you guys on the other side remove "promotional links" which you find listed in other posts such as mine, this then not only smacks of censorship and unfair treatment - in my case i can assure you that this is also highly demotivating not to contribute anymore.

anyway, for the sake of the whole community it would be great if in future you guys could focus instead on much more important issues:

to regularly and carefully check and clean sweep those vicious people who are trying to use your platform and harm us forum members:

only today, again i received 2 more private messages from obviously fake "ladies". and this is not just a nuisance to me but can also be very dangerous for anybody here in the forum who is not familiar with phishing and even more sophisticated frauds such as creating fake love relationships with affluent guys in order to finally suck money out of them!

ps.: bill, no, i am not affiliated with nor have any vested interest in any of the provided "promotional links" in case this is your concern. by the way, whoever from the admin team (was it you bill?) changed my log-in password recently - please feel free to do so again in future whenever it suits you.

Sorry to barge in on this discussion, long time reader and now a poster. I've been searching high and low for details of the clinic where Dr De Reys is now practising but have not found anything. I don't need a link, but the name of the clinic would be helpful? Perhaps a PM if someone can be so kind. Many thanks

good luck and tell me when you've found it!

(Un)Happy,

There are times when we are lenient with outside links even if it contains promotional content assuming it's been posted by a reputable member who we know isn't a covert promoter or spammer and if it's relevant to the topic. As a brand new member who clearly wants to argue about the mundane, your motives are more suspect than someone who has a solid reputation for providing helpful and unbiased advice. That said, it's also possible that we've missed the promotional link and if you provide me a link to the actual topic (funny how you failed to link to the topic but linked to yet another promotional website), I'll be happy to investigate it's relevance.

Regarding receiving spam private messages, we are working on a permanent resolution to this issue. In the meantime, there is no terrific way to prevent new members from joinig and sending messages without also blocking legitimate members. You can read more about this as "Spammers and Private Messaging".

I'm telling you now that this debate is over. Any further attempt to post promotional content or debate why we don't allow it will be considered a violation of our terms of service.

Bill

P.S. Nobody changed your password, so if you had a problem logging in, it's because you must have forgotten your password or changed it yourself.

Happy, as Bill had put it simply, leniency is given case by case basis. Even in the strictest of govts, you will probably expect less punishment for a first time offender compared to a repeated one. My point is simple, we are here to learn more abt HT to make a wise decision as to whether u are indeed suitable for the procedure and the doc u decide to go with. I think lets just focus on that rather than challenging mundane issues like spamming. Its quite obvious thats fake, why not just spend 10seconds deleting it rather than making it an issue? :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

darren,

i am glad that at least you found the links helpful without having any second thoughts.

as for you, bill - of course, as managing publisher you can do whatever you like with your forum including its members. and if you decide to kick people including myself out, so be it.

but what people here on the other side can expect from you is that despite any disagreements your fairness towards people who contribute here:

in my last post i copied and pasted exactly the promotional link that i found in the thread and which i quoted. and not another one as you wrote whilst mocking me. i have just done a screen grab as further proof and evidence.

as for the mentioned problems with my log-in password - please note that neither did i change it nor forget it. this is why i assumed that somebody from you admin guys (and who have access to the password area) must have changed it as it coincided with the timing of our disagreement.

since you wrote that you haven't changed nor deleted it, there is just one last solution:

beware, your forum got hacked! i am serious.

5b32caa5ddf42_Screenshot2010-09-03at19_37_40.jpg.d0e06d213ca71603ec8f6566c34e70c0.jpg