humid,sticky,cap rain bangkok hair?????

im currently hiding out in thailand after my procedure 2months back with de hasson im traveling as it gives the perfect chance to stay away from friends and family and also kill down time.........................

my question is will the humid tropical climate and me swetting and also wearing a cap when im out sight seeing effect growth or damage the new hairs or growing hairs etc???

im concerned as my head seems wet always and under a hat rubbing around???

am i being paranoid is it fine??? any input would be great!!

cheers all

j1j9j85,

Relax! In my opinion your newly transplanted hairs will be perfectly fine. After the first ten days they are firmly anchored and protected below the scalp.

Except in cases of extreme rubbing or tension that can cause traction alopecia, normal wearing of a hat should not induce hair loss.

Enjoy your travels and look forward to your new head of hair!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

thanks for that rational replys guys its easy to get bogged down in the all science etc................. micro managing etc lol

cheers for your help nice 1..... and will be taking both ur advice!!!!

cheers j

j85! Yes i concur with spex right there but before u log off from the forum, do post some pics ya :)

I just hope more members can post some pics so that those considering your surgeon has more references :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

And if you get bored at all and feel like going for a drink, let me know :)

Soi Cowboy has a load of indoor places where the sun will stay off your head ;) (though you might have quite a few women trying to caress it ... hehe)

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

I wore a hat at all times except at bedtime during my healing process. As long as it doesn't rub the grafts then you are A-OK! As far as sweating, I would think that would be similar to spraying them with saline water, which is great for healing and keeping them soft.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

hey guys thanks again for the advice and comments........ monkey cheers man i may take you up on that offer of a drink sometime if thats ok........ im here untill december and my mates aint coming out untill mid november..... so going for a pint would be sweet!!!!!!!

im kinda just doing my own thing right now but in a few weeks i may be looking bit better............

email me on jjj85@hotmail.co.uk

cheers