Another FUE vs Strip question

Ok not question more like questions

I have had small strip sessions so far totalling only 1200 grafts and I would like to consider FUE for my vertex to thicken up some thinning patches as I am not really too keen on a big mega session and with the scar not being huge currently on my head I still possibly have an option to shave my head later down the line (I am sure we have all had this debate in ourselves)

So... What makes a good FUE candidate. Since I am of asian origin I have medium maybe coarse (not sure exactly) diameter hair shafts and I heard that FUE is relatively good as with the straight hair the follicular units are easy to extract in the hands of a skilled surgeon of course however I understand density is lower and therefore that is a negative that most Doctors say (or am I mistaken) and makes you not so great for FUE

My other concern for strip is later in life my sides and back start to thin (esp again asian hair its straight and its ok after showering now but lets say I do not wash it for a few days since its straight hair it can be a little see through from oiliness)

I am hoping Doctor Feller or Spex or someone might chime in here or Doctor Charles (I see them often on here which is fantastic). If a patient has minor thinning in the vertex area will you urge them not to undergo FUE and is it case by case. I really would like to address the top vertex via FUE due to not totally removing the option of shaving should my hair loss be really really bad and the idea of being a norwood 6+ and not having enough donor via strip to make my head look respectable without the major comb over (I really would prefer to shave it)

Hi Nate Dog! Oh u had strip sessions previously? Only 1200grafts? So how many sessions did u have? I m surprised to hear that! I thought its typical to get at least 1.5k to 2k grafts for strip sessions even if the laxity is quite bad...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Are you taking any meds in an attempt to slow down or stop future hair loss? Where were your previous grafts placed? Can you post a photo of the vertex/crown area that you are considering having additional work done? Often if patients already have had a strip procedure the physician will not recommend FUE. However, it really still depends on the quality/density of the patients donor hair.

• 2 weeks later...

Meds is a question as is the current length of your strip scar. A lot surgeons will tell you, "Well, seeming you've been sliced already let's just do it again. Later you realize that you have a extended a 12cm scar at the back of your head to a full 1950s windscreen wraparound strip scar, ear-to-ear or even temple-to-temple. There are a lot of creeping magic markers with scar revisions - BEWARE! Generally, straight hair helps FUE, but the whole case-by-case viz-z-viz Strip vs FUE analysis is the biggest deception going around in the HT world, in my very humble and heavily dented personal opinion. AKA FUE 'candidate' . Good luck!