Scalp laxity question

Thanks for the link, thats the kind of info i was looking for. Density varies along the strip from ear to ear, but say you extract a 10" strip by 1/2", thats 5sq inches of hair thats needed to cover much larger areas!

It helps give a rough measure of how much donor vs how much recipient area that needs to be covered. I need a good 7-10sq inche in the temple area(s) alone so thats at least a 2:1 coverage ratio.

i'd really love for someone to answer FUE vs FUT graft growth quality questio.

Our strips are generally about as wide as a stick of gum is wide, or about 1.8cm. Sometimes that is even a tight closure in folks with really tight scalps...but generally it allows us to get a tension free everted trichophytic closure. We vary the length with the amount of hair needed.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

My guess is that if you took a survey of the average strip width from many reputable clinics the avereage would be between 1-1.5 cm. However, with the newer suturing tecniques such as two layer and Trichophytic closures it is allowing the doctors to take wider strips and still close the wound with minimal tension.