hairloss in teens......help!!

Hi

Like most people, hairloss is common among the 20s, 30s, or so on. But I have been lossing hair that can't grow back since 14! I'm female and I can clearly see that my noticable receding

hairline is passed on by my grandfather. My graduation dance is this year (well june 2011) and my hairline is really embarassing. Bangs don't really help :( Is there any effective product or pills or anything that can regrow my hair effectively within months? No scams, spams,laser, and surgeries please. I'm preetty low on my budget with just one job and having school at the same time. PLease help!! thnx

candii24,

I highly recommend that you consult with a dermatologist. There can be many reasons for female hair loss. Some of these are easier to treat than others. If you are experiencing genetic balding, the only clinically proven and FDA approved treatment for women is Rogaine (minoxidil).

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I m sorry to hear of your plight but unfortunately, there aren't many options out there in the market n finasteride is not suitable for females if I m not wrong. One of the ways out is to consider surgery but at your tender age now, it might be tad little dangerous as u nvr know how your hair loss will develop in The future. Throw in the fact that even if u r suitable, u might not want to undergo transplantation so your options are very limited. Will u consider wearing a hair piece?

Hope thathelps!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Sorry to hear this Candi. I started at 16-17 with MPB. I still have some but it is thinner than I like. Female hair loss can be complex. A lot of times it can be caused by medication like anti depressants or especially birth control pills. It can be caused by disorders like PCOS which throws hormones out of balance. My aunt lost most of her hair because of underactive thyroid. Go to a doctor and start out with a complete blood workup. That's always a good start. It could be something simple. Hope this helps!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

We dont do scams on here, leave that to the dodgy types. Like the others said you can only use Rogaine/Regaine to treat your hairloss as Propecia cant be used by girls at all. The only other option is surgery which you have said you dont want. There must be a different reason for your hairloss as girls obviously dont normally lose hair.