Aggressive FUE Surgeons and Non Shaven FUE

Sierra6

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on FUE surgeons who are agressive but not too the point where they over harvest? I have limited donor hair in the traditional sites but still believe I can safely extract another 1,500 or so grafts. Obviously, I need to choose my surgeon carefully. I used Dr True (excellent surgeon!!) the last time and am considering going back but feel he might be a little conservative.....

Also, any thoughts on the non-shaven FUE technique....is it worth it? I've heard that it produces poor yields?

I am only starting researching the above matters myself so would welcome your views....

Thanks All!

Sierra

My blog:

Hair Restoration Site for Sierra6

Sierra6,

I think you should review our recommended physicians. Many of them perform state-of-the-art follicular unit extraction (FUE). Also, inputting certain terms in our forum search engine may help you hone in on specific information and popular FUE surgeons.

To my knowledge, the benefit of a "long hair" follicular unit extraction procedure is simply that individuals get a glimpse of what the matured result should look like and have an (allegedly) easier time assimilating back into everyday life. However, I've also heard reports that longer hairs can complicate both the extraction and implantation process.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.