1 month mark feeling like crap

i know its terrible isnt it!!! simply not knowing if they will grow is the worse bit..... ha ha spex is right he always says try to not think about it but its very hard!

theres no point expecting anything before 6 months in my opinion! coz what ever growth you have before this point is so thin etc etc after 6months boom we should experiance visble noticable gains (hopefully)

:D

I'm a month out now, which is where you were when you created this thread. I'm actually hanging in there pretty good.

I know how the process works so I'm fully prepaired but I am anxious for some of my native hair to grow back so I can go out without my hat on and I'm also anxious to get past the healing stage. I know the grafts are good but I'm still concerned with my scar and I know that it will be months before its safe.

i havent really been able to not wear a hat yet even at 4 months as the shockloss i had around the strip was pretty bad infact the shockloss even on top was bad........ even my native hair only started to look ok now really.... but i cant loose the hat yet as the sides of the strip above my ears look like some one shaved a thin line in my hair arrgggggggggg

my wish now is to have a presentable head for xmas at that point i will be 5 months an 16 days bang on xmas day! fingers crossed i see alot more growth and less shock loss aye hahahha

good luck with yours man?

how is ur shockloss

I actually do have some shock loss aswell. I'm not too worried abou it though. I dont feel I'm losing any more around the scar and I can feel hairs growing in... Have you tried any concealers? I've seen a few diaries where people have used a little topik to hide the shock loss.

Hi,

I am 49 years old. I had my HT on 14 August 2010 and I had 3743 grafts. I work with about 45 people in an office environment and after 2 weeks I knew that I would be returning to work and it would be noticeable that I had a HT.

I basically told as many people as I could, I didn't wear a hat when I returned to work. I get compliments on a weekly basis about the HT. No problems at all AFAIK.

Regards

Rod

wow rod you are a brave man and i admire your courage but im less brave hahahahah friends would never let me live it down!!!! im afraid they are very very small minded and all bullys at heart...... 1 or 2 are ok though hahahah

Hi,

I have been living with baldness for 28 years and generally whatever negative comments are made to me doesn't worry me too much. I usually have a pretty good comeback which can put a bully back in their place.

If your mates are your true friend's they should support you in anything that you do.

After coming out at work I have found it intriguing that so many people are interested in my HT progress. My hairdresser is keenly watching the results because she wants her husband to have a HT.

Btw he spent $10 000 on laser therapy and he didn't grow one hair.

Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

sure does speak volumes about how uneducated people still think HTs are bad looking.... im sure if the truth was outed to all and the stigma removed every body would have a HT if needed..... how ever spending 10,000 on lasers is a terrible shame he could have a nice new head of hair for that money :D

I'm about 5 weeks out now & after reading some of the recent post about failed transplants. I cant help but have some of the concerns you had. I know all I can do is wait, but thats alot easier said than done.

I looked around and didnt find any pictures of you. Do you have a photo blog anyhwere or thread tracking your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

pictures coming soon posting my 4 month pics shortely and i have to say things are looking up finally even at 4 months my best mate said i have alot more hair so if things carry on at this rate im going to be very happy

• 3 months later...