One Year after HT with Transmed (Result)

Mahmood

Quote :

" Any way I ask everybody here on the forum to find me 1 result that was posted by a patient who is a NW5-6 that had good results from that clinic, only you will find results posted by Transmed itself, which to me is not credible as when a patient himself posts his his own results. "

darkmanhyk this is my first post in this fourm and i totally support every word you have wrote in this thread. Actually i was in a deep search regarding Transmed performance because it has been a good option and i concluded the same points, which disappointed me. :(

thank you anasi

I posted more about this topic as I was angry but then I told myself to calm down and decided to edit and remove what I wrote as I feel that it is the duty of the moderators to handle this appropriately.

I still trust that this is a good forum, and I trust that Bill is a genuine person, maybe me and him don't see eye to eye, and maybe I am a fiery type of personality and burst and explode when things go wrong. But hey in the end all I care about is that we have to help mahmood get a solution to his case and support him.

I will be looking how things will develop in handling his case very closely, and I am sure that he will get the help he deserves.

A final suggestion is why don't we categorize the coalition membership based on the NW scale, as I trust most clinics here have good doctors, but really the difficult cases NW 5 and above should be handled by experts only, and maybe receive a golden recommendation.

Edited by darkmanhyk

Darkman,

I appreciate that your tone is more calm in your last message, but I want to differentiate something for you.

Transmed is a clinic which consists of a number of physicians. Dr. Kulahci is the only physician from Transmed who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. While there may not be a number of Dr. Kulahci's patients posting on this forum, this is the first questionable result I've seen from her - and considering the great potential this patient had to lose more natural hair, we cannot conclude without a clinic's evaluation that his growth was not optimal.

If you'd like to see examples of Dr. Kulahci's quality work on high norwood cases, view her recommendation profile. Below are a few examples:

4025 Grafts on a Norwood 6

6055 Grafts in 2 Procedures on a Norwood 6

3185 Grafts on a Norwood 6

4288 Grafts in 2 Sessions on a Norwood 5A

It's crucial to note that graft placement and hair characteristics are key to producing a dense looking result. Since Mahmood was already made aware that he'd need more than one procedure to meet his goals, it should be understood that 4000 grafts spread over a large bald area instead of concentrated in a single area isn't going to produce solid density.

Now to those who "agree" with your point of view, anyone can easily look at a result and say "I don't like it" or "I'd be unhappy with this result". The reality is, if this was my final result, I wouldn't be happy either. However, since more than one procedure is needed, this is a work in progress, not a "final" result. More than one procedure is needed to meet this patient's goals.

Moreover, determining if a procedure is successful isn't necessarily indicated by determining if you like it or not. Because Mahmood's head of hair is a work in progress, the only real question is whether or not he had optimal growth yield. Until Dr. Kulahci or any other quality and honest clinic can evaluate his scalp to determine growth, we won't know for sure, especially since there's a good possibility he lost more natural hair. Look at his 9 month pictures as an example. He had a lot more thickness and then it started to get thinner with subsequent months. Is it because he started losing more natural hair or did the transplanted hair begin to fall out? While the latter is extremely rare, this phenomenon has occurred and should be evaluated.

Darkman, regarding my personal recommendation for you, I don't remember the context of our private discussion and am not finding it in my inbox. I believe however, that I would have advised you not to move forward with 3000 grafts on a Norwood 6 if you thought one procedure was going to give you the density and coverage you wanted. And I can't image recommending someone with a Norwood 6 level of hair loss to move forward with FUE unless they were devastated about their hair loss and deeply concerned about the FUT scar.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill, i went thru the examples and wow, i must say the transformations were excellent. Hence i am surprised that Darkman would challenge u to retrieve examples. I mean, we are all trying to help fellow MPB sufferers hence I thought Darkman's provocation was uncalled for. However, its nice to see him tone down and discuss this issue calmly.

Darkman, there u go, Bill has shown u various examples and he echoed what i said earlier too. In fact, his 8 or 9mths results were quite excellent, even Mahmood agreed so. Its not a straightforward case whereby he did not have good results at any point of time. Also, the doc had expressed concern and Mahmood acknowledged that the assistant is genuinely trying to do something. If so, why so angry? To be honest, i still dun get it but lets not rock the boat again

Let the concerned individuals do their thing and i am sure Mahmood will inform us on further developmens

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb280

I am not going to start pouring gasoline on a fire again and only wish Mahmood the best. I trust that Flac will do all he can to help Mahmood. As I expect him to stand by my side if something goes wrong with my future HT as my future HT will be done by one of the coalition doctors.

one small request Bill it would be nice too if u draw back the word " shut up" as u know i am a genuine person and it really was heavy on me

Edited by darkmanhyk

darkman, agreed :) we are all here to help each other so lets keep to that! Mahmood, if u are reading this thread ( i presume u r ), please update us of the doc's evaluation. I highly suspect its the dropping of your natural hair which is causing your distress. However, if u had mentioned that u had significant growth at the 8th month mark, i reckon the loss of natural hair should not be caused by poor transection or anything

keep us updated!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I am confused :confused::confused:.

Most of you have assumed that this patient has lost most of his natural hair after month 8 due to psychological issues or something else. My question is

" why someone needs to feel depressed while he is seeing good results ? "

More than that, why this natural hair started to get thinner after month 8 ?!!!! it is really weird and doesn't make sence at all (at least in my opinion).

At the end i think :

Quote #1 :

" the only real question is whether or not he had optimal growth yield. Until Dr. Kulahci or any other quality and honest clinic can evaluate his scalp to determine growth, we won't know for sure. "

Quote #2 :

" Any way I ask everybody here on the forum to find me 1 result that was posted by a patient who is a NW5-6 that had good results from that clinic, only you will find results posted by Transmed itself, which to me is not credible as when a patient himself posts his his own results.

Thanks for the support shown by all the members that replied here. In short, I believe i explained my case clearly. I was/am 100% fair towards the clinic. It's my right to understand what happened and to share that with the rest of this communtiy to help us learn more about HT.

Just like Bill said I should consult Dr. Melike and after that we'll understand more what happened. I will keep you updated.

Mahmood,

I appreciate you expressing your concerns calmly and clearly so that this community can encourage and support you during your journey. Please do keep us posted on what Dr. Kulahci has to say after you consult with her, if possible, during an in-person consult. I'm sure even if you're not local to them, they'll work something out with you to get you in for a consult for a free evaluation.

Best wishes in getting the head of hair you deserve,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Mahmood can come back to finish where he left off. I trust that he will! If not, its just another classic case of getting everyone hyped up and disappears after that without any trace... Thats the worst scenario as everyone is just waiting to see how it turns out.

I hope it does not happen for this thread!

:)

Anasi,

I haven't disappeared and i replied to your private messages.

wb280,

You can see my whole HT history on this forum. I'm planning to cont. that and keep posting updates.

Latest update:

I was on vacation in Turkey (that's why i couldn't reply to come pepole here). Since i was going to be in Istanbul I talked to Taner and we tried to arrange for an appointment to have the in-person consult. Unfortunately, we couldn't do that because it was a public holiday and on the other available date there was a tragic death incident to one of the clinics' staff.

I'm back home now. I'm in contact with Taner as always. At this moment of time I'm feeling calm, because i felt the support of the memebers in this forum. And, Taner has assured me that in Tansmed they will do thier best to satifsy me.

I will keep you updated.

Anasi,

Ah i didn't notice the dates of your private message and post :),, don't be sorry for me being in Turkey because i had great time there. I was hoping to do the consultation while i was there.

I talked to Taner and we agreed to have the consultation on the 8 oct 2010. Hopefully everything goes well this time and I'll post the updates after my visit to transmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Darren,

It is Mahmood not mohammed :) no Dr melike didn't perform the opreation. It was Dr. Ilker. What i understood from you is that you are considering having surgery with Transmed? when it comes to having an HT opreation price shouldn't be the main factor. You should look for quality and yes i advice you to contact transmed for a consultation.

Hi Darren,

It is Mahmood not mohammed :) no Dr melike didn't perform the opreation. It was Dr. Ilker. What i understood from you is that you are considering having surgery with Transmed? when it comes to having an HT opreation price shouldn't be the main factor. You should look for quality and yes i advice you to contact transmed for a consultation.

hi mahmood lol, yes i have and they quoted decent prices but im payin extra as i want dr melike to perform from what i understand its cheaper with different surgeons there and dr melike results look decent so how was it all

Your hairline is a lot better, and good enough now to use a concealer. I think you will be very happy with something like Dermmatch at this point.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Last update:

I was invited by Transmed to Istanbul for a consultation. Dr. Ilker opinin was the following: the transplanted hair is still here. The hair i lost was from my original or natural hair. But he couldn't tell me why I lost that hair. He adviced to use propcia or minoxil spray to maintain my existing hair.

During my visit to Istanbul, as usual Taner took care of all the detalis to make sure I had a comfortbale stay in Istanbul and feel good during and after the consultation.

Hi Mahmood,

I've only just discovered this thread, otherwise I'd have contributed earlier - I had an FUT with Dr Kulahci on 3 June (see my blog).

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you as planned, but at least Transmed's post-op care has been good.

That said, I'm surprised the surgeon thinks all the transplanted hair has grown through as expected, because your hair looks very thin - regardless of whether native hair has been lost.

What's the plan from here? Have they offered you a further operation? Would it be reasonable to expect a discount?

As for my experience - everything about Transmed pre, post and during surgery was highly professional. I did my research thoroughly and don't regret my decision to go with them. I'm currently a little bit behind where I was hoping to be in progress, but there is still a long way to go.

Best wishes.