Yomommyz

Yomommyz,

Welcome to our community.

I know from personal experience how depressing it can be looking in the mirror every week and seeing even more scalp and less hair. One of the purposes of this community isn't only to help educate hair loss sufferers, but also support them. We're all here with a common bond and would love to be able to do something about it.

Unfortunately, there is no cure. Propecia and Rogaine are the two most effective treatments but there's no guarantee there either. It's advised by Merck to use Propecia for at least a year before evaluating its effectiveness. Whether or not it will work for you, it's hard to tell. But you're doing what you can to attempt to control it and that's good.

Have you considered adding Rogaine to your regime? The two when used together are said to be synergistic, potentially making both treatments much more effective than either one alone.

Since you're only using Nizoral 1% twice a week, you could consider switching to Revita shampoo which also contains 1% ketoconazole. Unlike Nizoral that should only be used a few times a week, you can use Revita daily. I used it for awhile. It's a nice shampoo. If not anything else, it certainly helped my hair feel soft and added some volume.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I've been through what you are going through and I know how difficult it is. Stay the course and hope for the best. I ended up shaving my head just to take my mind off of it for a few weeks and it really helped.

Here is my experience with it

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/976105333

Good luck and try not to spend too much time in the mirror looking at it. Put a hat on and get out of the house and try to keep your mind off of it. I know... easier said than done.

Good luck.

Just thought I'd mention, although it has reported good effects on most people, I've used Nizoral from the start of my treatment and I had an irritated scalp for all of it.. especially after the skin just under my hairline always looked slightly dry/cracked.

I stopped using it 3 weeks ago and changed it with a Jasons product with Sal. acid and an one with apple cider vinegar in. I've seen improvement in the feel of the scalp since then.

I'd advise to keep an eye on it and not ignore irritation for a long period of time, as inflammation won't help the hair situation.

I have been using finasteride for 8 months now, I'm gonna evaluate @ 12, stick in there! =]