How long to stay in Bangkok after HT

Hi All,

I am planning to have HT done thro' Dr Path. Wondering how long do you all recommend me to stay in Bangkok?

Doctor's office is telling that, I can leave Bangkok in three days and have stitches removed by local doctor.

Please share your experiences...

Hi Big Allan!

i tote i should be well equipped to answer ur questions as i had my surgery done in mid june this yr!

It is true that u can leave within 3 days. I had op on tues and left on thursday. And yes, the stitches can be removed by a local doctor, no issue. I had the big sutures taken out within 10min. clean and easy :)

However, for me, the tough part leaving Bangkok after 3 days was the inspection at airport. Bangkok is v v strict as the red shirt demonstration had ended not long ago and there is no way u can get thru w/o taking off ur cap and DEFN u will attract some pple looking at u but of cos they r just strangers. However, that made me slightly uncomfortable, so i tote i better warn u first :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb280,

Thanks for your note... I will not care if ppl at Airport stare me. Event would have been unconformable if people those who mingle everyday basis but not close enough to comment on new crown. I have no problem disclosing my new face in front of my close friend, who are your well wisher.

BTW, Did you see Doctor just before leaving Bangkok on third day?

Allan, yup i did :) before i left after the hair wash! He did a last minute inspection and said, u are gonna look very handsome in 10 months! ha! somehow boosted my confidence in him hehehe just kidding!

Anyway have u confirmed ur appointment? If so, whats Dr Oravan's estimation of grafts needed?

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

First time I stayed 14 days I think, as I wanted to still be around when the "set in" period was confirmed :)

Now I live here.... so HT2 was a non issue :)

I also liked going back each day for my hairwash, rather than risk doing it at home.

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

BA,

I had my transplant in May this year and left Vancouver 2 days later. If I were to have a second ht I would opt to remain in Vancouver until the staples are removed, which all in all would require a stay of two weeks.

I didn't have any significant issues on the journey home, however my whole demeanour was affected. I was quite disorientated; my whole focus was on my head. Every step, movement and action required a concentration of thought that was centred around the effect it might have on my head. I found this draining and not the best frame of mind to be in when executing a journey from Canada to the UK, which took in car, plane, tube train (subway), overground train, car again - not forgetting walking through various concourse at airports, train stations, taxi ranks.

Oh yes and my head had started to swell at the beginning of my journey, not the best prepartion for a long journey. Still, I made it home as mentioned without any real incidents but not exactly in a relaxed state.

Hope it helps and good luck.

I agree with Billy. If u are travelling from Europe or states to Bangkok, i would suggest u stay a week or more. Let the swelling subside ( however, it did not happen much in my case as i had the tennis head band and the swelling died down in a couple of days ) and also the anxiety.

However, i am from vicinity of Thailand so i went back on the 3rd day after surgery

Hope that helps!

Hey Allan,

I am almost 1 month post-op. I just got back to the US from Bangkok 2 days ago (so sad to be back). I stayed in the area for a month to recover under the radar. I went to Laos and Malaysia as well. I saw Dr. Path 4 times after my surgery. On day 2 and 3 for shampooing, day 5 for suture removal, and 3 weeks later for a last check up before I came back to the US. I had my HT 2 weeks after WB280, and by the time I got to Thailand the security lightened up quite a bit. Bangkok was business as usual, and I was in and out of Suvarnabhumi several times during the month without any issues. I loved recovering in Bangkok, because really high quality hotels can be had for very cheap prices, $5 massages were a great way to relax after the stress of a HT, and the Siam Sq area was fun to avoid the sun and walk around, eat well and catch movies. If you are trying to figure out how soon you can come back, I'd say after a week you're good to go. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, as I just got back

Sure - you just ask for a cancellation place.

I decided I wanted HT2 on around the 8th of March, went in and then got booked for the 16th :)

It's gonna depend on whether people cancel or not, but there seemed to be a few places opening up every so often.

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

hi guys, i had my surgery originally scheduled in mid may but due to riots, i cancelled it. When i tried to book again, there was no slot left all the way until july. I was sort of like on waiting list but probably at higher priority as my surgery schedule was affected by uncontrollable circumstances.

Finally, they had a slot in mid june and i jumped the gun :)