How bad is bending?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how bad bending at the waist is within the first few days of surgery. I know it's not allowed (and I didn't do it of course) but what actually happens if you do it? Does the pressure force your grafts to pop out?

I'm no expert on this, so I probably shouldn't even comment, but I think it has more to do with the donor scar than the grafts. Unless it's because of the blood rush to the head. You'd definitely know if a graft popped out or dislodged. I had one dislodge the night after my procedure and I had an enormous plasma blister on my head. They fixed it at the office but it leaked a lot.

I think that the best that we can do is to follow our doctor's instructions to the best of our ability and try not to get too paranoid about everything. I've definitely started to bend over without thinking and then corrected myself. I am totally paranoid about messing the whole thing up, and I am constantly checking my head to make sure there isn't anything missing or wrong, but I am really trying to have faith in the fact that I went to a good doctor (I used Dr. Dorin as well) and that I am doing everything in my power to keep the grafts healthy.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Another less serious (but still embarassing) risk of bending or looking down too much post-op is a black eye. There's still a lot of fluid sloshing around beneath the surface of your scalp, and if you allow it to drain forward, you'll get a couple of nasty shiners.

Many docs will give you meds to prevent it, but you still want to be wary for the first week or so.

You know how you bend over you feel pressure in your head, and the further you bend the more pressure you feel and your face turns red? That is blood rushing to your head. Bending also raises your blood pressure. If you need to get close to the ground, kneel down at the knees.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D