Considering HT & need advice

Hi Guys:),

I have been reading your posts for a few months now and have finally decided to become a member of the forum. I think it's great how people on here give their personal time to help others discuss this difficult issue, and offer very important information.

I started losing my hair at the front about 7 years ago.

It was a bad experience to say the least:(.

I got fed up trying to disguise it & so I decided to get a shaved head like Vin Diesel.

I would rather have a full head of hair than a shaven head.

It’s too time consuming to shave my head every 2 days or so.

I'm seriously considering a hair transplant surgery but I’m confused as to who to go to.

I’m 31 & live in the UK.

I think I'm a Norwood 4a similar to former English soccer player Alan Shearer.

I think I'll need around 4000 grafts to achieve a near full head of hair at the front.

I would like only 1 session & not return for a 2nd session.

It's a choice between Hassan & Wong in Canada, Dr Bessam Fargo in the UK or Dr Humayun Mohamad in Pakistan.

Here is my dilemma.

Hassan & Wong from Canada are coalition members on this forum & in my opinion are amongst the best in HT but distance & cost are an obstacle. They also perform large sessions so I only would need 1 session & not go back for a 2nd session. They consistently get excellent results & I think HT legends like Bobman & Jotronic have been their patients.

Dr Bessam Fargo from the UK is a coalition member on this forum & is the only HT surgeon to consider if you are living in the UK. It is convenient for me as I'm in the UK. He appears to produce consistently excellent results. However, cost might be a obstacle, not sure if he performs large session of around 4000 grafts.

Dr Humayun Mohamand from Pakistan is not a coalition member on this forum but is recommended. He produces quality results but I'm unsure about the consistency of those results. He would be much cheaper than Hassan & Wong and Fargo so it would be a reasonable price range for me. I'm unsure if he performs large sessions of around 4000 grafts in 1 session.

If I went for a consultation with either of them & I decided that I would like to go ahead with a HT, how long would I have to wait between the consultation & my HT surgery?

Please I would like as much help as possible from as many people as possible about my dilemma.

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Hi Chilledoutguy!

The beginning of your post sounds like me! I too shaved my head rather and was lurking around for a while before I started posting.

In theory you wouldn't have to wait too long before scheduling your surgery. From my experience (as long as your hair is at least half an inch) you have to pay the deposit, get your prescriptions, and make sure to stop taking your vitamins and such.

I think most people on the forum would say that because this procedure is permanent, cost shouldn't be a concern.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

I've found that the more time I spend on this forum & website, the more confused I become.

So many conflicting opinions about HT, HT Surgeons, Strip Scar etc:confused:.

That's why I would like as much response to my original thread as possible.

Thanks