From UK......best surgeons in NY?

reywd80

Dr. Bernstein is regarded as one of the very best! Prices are in line with everyone else also.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Great job spex, the only problem is I arrive in NY 13:30pm that day.....things might be too tight? Manhatten....

I could get a taxi from there to wherever... maybe after 3/4pm. I'll contact sharon anyway.

I'll look into the others as well. Thanks.

Hi Rewwd80

I have consulted with both Dr. True and dr. Bernstein...Both of them are straight shooters and i highly recommend meeting both...Both of them are in Manhattan itself, so that should not be an issue at all...

Dr. True is a little conservative but very knowledgable as he has a wealth of experience. He also does BHT and maybe he can guide he in that direction as well if your donor area is not sufficient...His price is less than Dr. Bernstein and i think he does a lot of FUE...

On the other hand Dr. Bernstien came across as someone really honest and professional...for some reason, he does not get a lot of credit on forums, but there is no doubt in my mind he is top notch..he actually declined to perform surgery on me as he wanted to see how my hair looks after one year on meds..(i was not on propecia then)..if someone were to reject you, it would be Dr. Bernstein more than Dr. True

While you are here, please meet both of them and also try to see if Dr. Feller can fit you in somehow..this is the best way for you to clear your mind..i dont think any doctor will reject your surgery unless you have a poor donor area and if they do, treat it as a blessing in disguise and move on in life...looking at your loss, i dont think you will get a full head of hair in one procedure and it is up to to you how would you like to deal with a half head of hair until you decide on the second surgery....another option you have is to do FUE and buzz your hair really short as you have done in your pictures so that you dont have to worry about the scar....also, buzzing the hair really short might give an impression of someone who has hair but choose to buzz it...good luck either ways and keep us posted

Hi reywd80

I did not have to pay anything for consultation but i had seen him over an year ago..maybe they changed the policy..either way, i was under the impression that all coalition docs give free consultation..maybe you can request him that you are an international patient or something or maybe speak to Bill if he can help you with this..

I think i had a question on why Dr. Feller declined to perform surgery on you and spex sent me the link of your pictures...

I am not sure if you know the difference between FUE and FUT..In FUT, the doctor removes the strip from the back of the head and that leaves a ear to ear scar...in fue, they remove the grafts directly from the donor area and place them on your reciptient area which eliminates the need for a linear scar..it is still not scarless but gives you an option to buzz the hair really short..after FUT, you will not be able to buzz it how you have on your pictures..hope that helps

yes..dr. dorin is a partner of Dr. true and they work together...Dr. true is more experienced and i had met him personally at the Manhattan office.....Do a consultation and ask the doctor for his recommendation of how many grafts etc.. FUE is also not suitable for everyone and is little more expensive as well..after you meet a bunch of doctors, most of your questions will be answered..

I got my transplant from Dr. Dorin (almost one month post op) but I consulted with Dr. True. I believe I was charged $85 for the consultation fee, which I did not get back when I opted for the surgery. That didn't bother me.

Everyone at the True and Dorin office that I met was professional and good natured. They all seemed to like what they do (well, especially the doctors of course!).