meds,oils,vit-min for hair growth?????

i bet spex has a great link to the info im lokking for so hopefully some one could point me in th correct direction!!!

but basically ive jus had a HT with dr hasson and want to do all i can to maximise the result..... using meds,vits,oils and all the other bits an bobs? but im not sure what and when i should be taking alltogether so any HELP would be great!!!!!

finesteride every day

minoxidil every day

nizoral every week

dht reducing conditioner every week

vits an mins?????

if any one out there could recomend the best vits minerals and oils to help or indeed anything else yuo hae found to help that i have not mentioned then feel free to comment....

cheers for reading

J1j9j85,

I highly suggest researching at the hair loss learning center and hair loss Q & A blog. There is a lot of good information regarding "alternative" (oils, herbs, vitamins) at each source. I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

JJ,

Yo man, I'm real happy for you bro! I saw your other thread and congrats on the surgery with Dr. Hasson and team.

The best thing to do now is just sleep alot, eat well, and just rest up your body as much as possible. You first need to HEAL before you can plow your foot down on the gas pedal in attempts to speed up growth! Just do what your body tells you to and don't try and fight it. I got insatiably hungry and also slept for long hours and just generally did a whole lot of nothing. That included meditation, deep breathing, walks in the park, and 3 hour jacuzzi tub siestas. Keeping the scar area clean is important too, using that special shampoo.

Concerning the E oil the clinic recommends to heal the scabs, DO NOT use high concentration (28,000 IU) vitamin E oil !!! I (luckily) made this mistake on day 15 when I had run out of the bottle of the lower concentration. The high concentration is like crazy glue on your head and almost impossible to get off for days! You obviously DON'T want that on your grafts when you are 1-4 days post op, OR your scar either cause it could cause bacteria to penetrate into the wound !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think H & W should update their instructions to warn about the high concentration E oil. I just got lucky, cause the first bottle was like 12,000 IU and had some other goodies in it too.

I wouldn't mess with any minox right away either. Just take those antibiotics until they run out first, then maybe think about adding some MSM to your regimen. Definitely keep on the proscar.

You got some dark days a comin brother as well! You feel like a rock star walking out of there and looking at all that new stubble up there, and in 7-10 days (in my case) it was even growing and getting longer with better pigment by the day. Then, it's like you go from that to INSTANT BALDNESS -- overnight. You may find your pathetic pre existing forelock , that at least gave you some coverage, is suddely almost non existent; they call it shockloss. You you look at the sink to see all of those hairs at once gave up the ghost, stuck in that frickin E oil, and you run your fingers thru your scalp to find that a myriad of hairs are sticking to your hand.

Then, you look in the mirror to see an image you could hardly ever have imagined before-- YOU as a bald man! And now just waiting, in pergatory, for those babies to sprout. It's a real rollercoaster ride and I see what the vets were telling me now, they are wise!;)

great description there man thanks for the effort to post......... my face is like a balloon at the mo and i have a flight booked for 5.30pm bummer!!!! just cant wait to kik back at home n watch a movie etc etc

thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!! im in the departure lounge with a face like a balloon. i feel like john merrik the elephant man!!! hahahah its so funny every one keeps looking at me :P

HA HA !

Look up the blog of "LondonLad" on the HLH forum if you want to see some serious face swelling -- elephant man style !

And he flew home looking like that!!!

Didn't want to create a new topic for this but I had someone mention a eyelash growing serum that apparently works for growing and thickening. Its called Rapidlash and seems to have *some* credibility. Just curious if any of the active ingredients have any affect on other hair?