So what do you guys think?

Both of my grandpas are bald. My dad is a NW6. All my uncles are between nw4-nw7s, besides one who is keeping a NW2 into his 50s.

I'm 20. Been on propecia 6 months. No sides. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to stay on it. Let me know what you guys think.

Hairline at 10:

screenshot20100703at1122ampng0c843.png

Hairline at 14:

hairlineat14a6254.png

Hairline at 17:

hairlineat179334c.png

Now, my hairline at the current age of 20. Please ignore the density in some of these pics. Some of them make it look like my hair is thinning, but it's not. it's just the hair being so short + weird lighting/angles.

hair2021ba93.png

hairline2a96b1.png

hairline3d3aed.png

pic of my hair at 20 grown out:

piczor6da69.png

hairline48faf6.png

the tricky part with MPB dude is that there are no rules....both my grandfathers had a good amount of hair till they lived..my father still has a full head of hair...i am 32 and NW 4....and it keeps getting thin..now, can anybody explain that? i think if prop is working on you, and you dont have any sides, you should stick to it....but there is no guarantee it will work all your life and that you will not have sides later on in life...but for now i would recommend staying on it and see how everything unfolds in the next 5 years...dont even think about getting a HT until your late twenties....

Norwood,

While it's impossible to tell what degree of balding you will eventually experience, given your family history, you are at least at risk of experiencing a higher degree of hair loss. If you are already taking the medication with no side effects, I would recommend you keep doing so.

Getting off Propecia is like playing Russian Roulette. If you do end up quickly losing hair, restarting the medication is not likely to restore your hair to the way it was before.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

i don't understand about the guys who doesn't have any signs of hair loss and who starts taking propecia. if you don't have any hair loss then those drugs don't help you anyway. it's just wasting the money and poisoning yourself with the chemic pills.

and i think if you start taking meds then your hair gonna be addicted about them and if you quit then you risk to loose your hair.

i don't see that you have any signs of hair loss and i don't understand why you decided to take propecia. i wouldn't do that.

I think you should stop taking it. At age 20 it's completely normal to get a little recession but you don't even seem to have that beyond losing your adolescent hairline from age 10. I would stop and if you start to see any further progression beyond that then start taking it again.

hi there! posted my answer in the other thread but i tote i feel the guys are correct. So many of us worry abt the sides of propecia but no choice, we had to consume these potentially dangerous pills ( u nvr know when some report will surface to warn of other sides) as we had REAL hair loss... u r doing fine and so many of us will kill to ve that hair line of urs... i strongly suggest u leave these weird thoughts behind and have fun. u r young, u shld be partying, not worrying on something which is non existent now

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730