2 strips taken?

I have never heard of a hair transplant surgeon taking two strips during the same surgery. There are situations where they may do take a second strip from a different location on subsequent surgeries however.

When you are taking out a strip and closing it, you are creating tension on that closure. I would think that two strips would compound the tension, not to mention cause you more discomfort than necessary.

Edited by Goldilocks
typo

I believe this has been tried...done. In addition to the compounded tension and increased stretching of the donor scar, there may also be a chance that the hair in between the two incisions may suffer. Not a good idea to stack one strip directly on top of the other at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

If you are referring to 2 horizontal strips, one higher than the other, but in the usual donor region....then no, you can't take them at the same time, or the area in between will not have sufficient vascular supply to live.

Let me correct my statement. You should not take them at the same time; as I have seen this occur once a few years ago by a local guy "dabbling" in hair who opted to do just this. The result was an area of necrosis(tissue death) about the size of my computer mouse.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

hello everyone,there is a member i think called pratik who had two strips removed dureing the one procedure with dr madhu in india,while i think doctor madhu doe's excellant work this is the one occassion were i believe he has made a error in judgement,not only because of the aformentiond tissue issues but everyone given the choice do not want a scar never mind two,everyone have a nice day.......