for my friends on the fence

Hello guys

I would like to ask a question to the guys on the fence..have you considered shaving your head once before taking the plunge...I am on the fence and am thinking about this so that i dont have any regrets...i have seen some people on this forum regret the decision and just wish that they had shaved instead...

What have we got to loose...our balding head will come back to its original form.and we can still go for the HT if we dont like the shaved head look..but think about the benefits..if you like it then no more concelears, medicines, life time tension of how the hair is looking in sunlight, scar etc..you know what i am talking about...

Lets just please discuss this before we take the plunge...also, other member who thought about this, actually did it and those who think that they should have done it in hindsight are also requested to share their experiences..

I think i would prefer buzzing but I think if the hairline has recessed then it looks like crap. It all so depends on ur skin tone and shape. Zidane has completly lossed his crown but still maintains the front pretty well and it frames his face. If ur going for this look best to frame the face ala Fue and buzz.

that is a good idea anouar..honestly, i want to give it a shot...i do have a harline with temple recession on left side...and then i also have a bald crown....i might try buzzing it first and then also try shaving it off..if nothing works, i shall keep HT as a last resort!!!

sparky - i think whatever happens happens for a reason...i am sure you will get what you desire with your HT...but thanks for your honest opinion!!!

Not everyone can pull the shaved head look off. Some people look like a giant thumb or a cancer patient. Furthermore studies have shown people who have hair have a more positive perception than bald men. It is a sad and unfair truth but it is what it is. People will tell you they have no problem with a bald guy but surveys say otherwise. I hope my procedure is a success. If not I’ll be wearing a lace hairpiece for the rest of my life. I don’t think I’m one who could pull the bald look off. Here in Florida we have a bald guy running for Governor and experts say he has little chance of being elected because he is bald. When interviewing for a job if everything is equal in the candidates the one with hair will generally get the job. Check it out! Bald men thought of as less successful, says NY Post article - That's Fit Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

fair point TTDS...whenever i go out these days, i am always on the lookout for bald, buzz guys...yesterday i saw some one who looked like a cancer patient.....and then the other one just looked like a freak...but then i see some who really pull it off well..i guess the only way to figure out would be to experiment....HT is always an option if one is not satisifed..

BTW, i really hope things work out for you after 3 hts....how do you feel after coming so far? do you feel a sense of achievment...is there a little corner in your heart that says you should have never taken this route?

All the best,

Dan

You can find my complete story if you look at my past posts on here. I went to a highly rated coalition physician that was recommended by this site. After my experience and that of several others around the same time he was no longer recommended by this site. Unfortunately I feel like a guinea pig. I don’t know how someone could have been so highly recommended then kicked off. My first two procedures were not a success and I was refused a refund. One would think if the results promised weren’t delivered your money would be refunded. I know in my job if I don’t deliver what I promise I must make good on it. He did give me a second procedure free of charge but what was that worth since it produced very poor results as well? There is an outside chance I am one of those rare “X” factor patients who transplants don’t work for but I was examined by several top dermatologist before I had the second procedure to see if I had any condition preventing a transplant from being a success and I was given a clean bill of health.

Dr. Shapiro felt bad for the mess I was left in and did my third procedure free. I am seven months into it so it is too early to judge. He also has asked me to keep it buzzed short under my hair piece. Next month I am going to start letting it grow out so by Thanksgiving it (when I plan to ditch the piece) it will be long enough for the unveiling. I do have hair where I did not before...that much I know. However I also know at this point the density is still not cosmetically acceptable and does not match the sides and back. I know I won't have hair like I did in my 20's nor do I want that but I do want the top to match the sides and back. I won't have an idea of the success or failure until November which makes one year.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

that is such a touching story ttds and i really feel for you..i sincerely hope that dr. rons procedure will have the best effect on you...he is top notch and it is so sweet of him to do this procedure free...i think he also did a free procedure on bullitnut...it looks like this doc feels a moral responsibilty to keep his patients happy....

honestly i had also consulted with epstein when he was recommended but did not have the right feeling about him...i am glad i did not go under his knife..he seemed too arrogant to me!! didnt any grafts grow for you? what did Dr. shapiro think about wearing a hair peice after the transplant...do you think that might stifle the growth...

the best we can do is forget about the past and be positive for the future.

Thanks for your thoughts. As far as the hair piece is concerned, no it is not a negative issue. It is a lace piece which is very breathable and I only wear it Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm at work. Dr. Bernstein in New York also said the hair piece would have no negative influence on my results.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

D,

Just man up and do it bro! Shave it down today or tomorrow, it's no big deal really.

One thing is for sure: there is only one way to know if you can live with a shaved head, and that is just to DO IT !! Trust me, you WILL know within a couple of days if you like it or not. Go out to the mall or some place where lots of chicks hang out and see if you get any attention. If they look at you like you're an old man then you will know quickly if you can live with it or not. You'll know that look -- her eyes meet yours, glance up to the head for a split second, and then quickly dart away to the side in an obvious effort to completely ignore you.

So many peeps on here CLAIM they wish they could shave it down, but they haven't ever done it so what could they know ? Sparky, no offense but you're a NW2 who never needed a HT, so what could you know ? I did it for 10 years (off and on) and always hated it, even though my head shape works for it. It also makes you 2-3 inches shorter and I'm only 5'8". For every 50 men I see who look like studs with NW2 hair, 49 would look like complete dweebs shaved and 1 would look merely decent.

You just simply have to do it and see how it feels. If you're lucky you'll look like Yul Brenner and never look back. But he's 1 out of a million!

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

well said es......i was hoping to look more like Vin diesel.....that dude rocks it man....

having said that, i am def going to do it once before i get my HT..and go to the nearby mall and a nightclub to check it out....that way i will have no regrets just like you...and shoyld be easier to decide after that...

BTW i am a big guy....6ft 2 inch weighing 180 pounds.....as it is i attract attention where i go...this would make it even more obvious..i guess i am ready for it.....the question is when...right now i can hide under concealers but there will be no hiding after this

well said es......i was hoping to look more like Vin diesel.....that dude rocks it man....

having said that, i am def going to do it once before i get my HT..and go to the nearby mall and a nightclub to check it out....that way i will have no regrets just like you...and shoyld be easier to decide after that...

BTW i am a big guy....6ft 2 inch weighing 180 pounds.....as it is i attract attention where i go...this would make it even more obvious..i guess i am ready for it.....the question is when...right now i can hide under concealers but there will be no hiding after this

Well, you're lucky then dude to be 6' 2" ! If there's one thing worse than balding with chicks it's being short. Even fat beats short and bald.

Concerning celebs like Vin Deisel, what do you think he looks like in every day reality ? You might truly be suprised. That's the problem peeps on the forum have with comparing themselves to bald/balding celebrities. You could take any one of them (Vin Deisel, Statham, Bruce Willis, etc) and if they had never appeared in a movie they'd be just another faceless baldie in the crowd who couldn't get a date. You simply CANNOT compare yourself to any celeb because chicks will dig them for no other reason than the fame; if the media says they are cool then the chicks will follow, simple as that! 99.9% of chicks are sheep, they follow the mainstream trends and feel obligated to do so. Do you think that the dweebiest looking bald guys in Hollywood have problems getting hot babes ? No way Jose, they have $ and fame. George Castanza is likely banging some playboy bunny as I write this!

The problem I had with the shaved look is that you have to look buff and mean to pull it off, like Vin Deisel. But in every day life you might end up looking like a leather fag or some Tapout freak. The other option is that you look like some celibate castrated monk, or maybe an egghead alien. None of these fit my personality so I really hated it!

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

haha..you are funny ES and i think you write really well.....you should be writing movies in hollywood dude..

i think a key to the shaved head is a great physique and dressing well!!!! it could then turn attention towards you for the right reasons....BTW, it seems like you know a lot about chicks..let me ask you another question...if you were married and had two kids, would you have still wanted this HT? i am sure your answer is going to be yes but wanted to ask anyways!!!

Hi TTDS

Glad to hear that the hair system is not going to impact you in a negative manner!!! i am sure you need it with all the past bad sugeries..i will pray for you that you can chuck that rug in the garbage and be a new man come this thanksgiving...good luck and keep me posted

haha..you are funny ES and i think you write really well.....you should be writing movies in hollywood dude..

i think a key to the shaved head is a great physique and dressing well!!!! it could then turn attention towards you for the right reasons....BTW, it seems like you know a lot about chicks..let me ask you another question...if you were married and had two kids, would you have still wanted this HT? i am sure your answer is going to be yes but wanted to ask anyways!!!

Well, at 41 I've never been married and have no kids that I know about, so that should tell you a little something about me. Peeps usually guess my age to be around 30-35 and alot of my friends are in the 22-30 range. That comes with the territory being a performer.

If I had a wife and 2 kids would I still care about my hairloss ? Tough to say, but I would be inclined to think it would be no different -- maybe even worse. Alot of guys feel trapped in marriages these days, especially with kids. I've never met one who was truly happy and who wasn't constantly thinking about other women, especially the young ones. I think your dick would have to be dead in the dirt to ever feel like looking your best didn't matter. Plus, what happens when the kiddies have grown up, you're pushing 50 and the wife no longer has any interest in sex ? Do you think you won't have a serious mid life crisis ?

Look at alot of the men 50-70 having HTs on the top doc websites and you'll see what I mean! :D