HT with Dr.Melike Transmed on the 8th of July

Hi

I have booked my first HT with Dr.Melike of Transmed on the 8th of July; I have been reading this forum for almost two years and have benefited a lot by reading different posts by the valuable members, many thanks to Bill for his great effort, and many thanks to Albion71 whose advice and comments were of great help for me.

I have attached some pix for my hair before HT and I will keep the forum updated with my progress after the HT.

I am 8 days from the HT, are there any preparations, certain food and vitamins that I should consider, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

best wishes,,,

Batel2006,

Congratulations on your booking your hair transplant surgery! As you very well may know, Dr. Melike Kulahci is highly respected and recommended by our hair restoration community. Please keep us updated through a hair loss weblog or your social profile. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Glad to be of help Batel, and good luck with it all.

I avoided alcohol and cigarettes for 24 hours before the op, and then for two weeks after. I also made sure I stocked up on lots of water, fresh fruit, and multi-vitamins for immediately afterwards. I reckon I got through about four litres of water the day after surgery.

Batel,

Congratulations on your decision to take control of your hair loss. I look forward to your forthcoming updates.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you all for the nice wishes and recommendations.

My flight to Istanbul is tomorrow 5th of July, my HT was changed to the 7th instead of the 8th as Dr.Melike was not available on that date. Transmed offered nicely to pay the difference in air tickets. I have been contacting with Didem, she was so nice, very helpful and professional.

I am bit nervous as I have been thinking about HT long time ago, but i hope everything will go fine and fingers crossed.

I informed Transmed that I will do FUT, as I think this will provide me with more grafts; and probaply save the FTE for the future. I will discuss the number of grafts needed and where to transplant them with Dr.Melike before the surgery; but actually I am not sure how many grafts I can have, and not sure where shall we put them, on the frontal line or on top.

I have attached some before HT pictures on my profile in here, can you please have a look and suggest how many grafts i will probably need and where is best to put them, I am more concerned now about to have nice filled hair line.

thank you all again...

And I hope you are already on Propecia ;). Lots of luck! Next summer you will have a lot more hair!!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D