How Many More Grafts?

Hey, I'm new to this forum but definitely not new to HT. I've had 3 procedures and am contemplating yet another one . The only thing is that I don't know how many more procedures I'll need to finish up or at least come close to finishing the job. My doc won't give me a rough estimate of grafts needed to achieve my goal. So I have some pics here. My hair is dry and wet. I don't think hair looks full unless it looks full dry AND wet. So tell me what you think. How many grafts does it look like will complete the job or give pretty close to it. Also, my hair is fine. Been like that since birth .

(The first and second pictures are when my hair is dry and the last two are of when it's wet.)

Now, mind you, my hair looks a whole lot worse when it's wet and all messy.

017.jpg.b32757ed37bf24b3566c5cec6d8b2cf4.jpg

022.jpg.3c726a2b743016f10214ea1eaaf2b84f.jpg

023.jpg.35c47ead0c83e4e365ef47503057754a.jpg

024.jpg.e47a55fca5078f6642721621e89a927d.jpg

Sounds like your doctor wont commit because hes trying to string it out to get as much cash out of you as possible, otherwise why wouldnt he give you a graft estimate? He probably doesnt want to, because if he gives you a graft estimate and it still doesnt fill it, he would be responsible.

All the docs I have ever spoken to always give a graft estimate.

He says that my hair is too fine making it difficult to fill in the thinning areas. Since I'm a Norwood 5A and have had roughly 3,000 grafts, I'm assuming that I'll need 2,000 more to finish the job. I read, I believe on here, that you multiply your Norwood scale by 1,000 to get the number of grafts needed.

Having said that, can anyone give me the best estimation of grafts needed that they can?

I know it's based on pictures and not an up, close, and personal examination, but I know someone has to have a good eye for this sort of thing.

to look semi thin yet still manageable I would say a good 2k to the front third and about 1500 for the crown...

Depending on future loss I would guess to say you would need a minimum of another 1k in the crown and another 1k in the middle.

for the time being 3000-3500 is a good bet.

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

Sullirock,

Although it's difficult to estimate grafts based on pictures alone, our graft calculator (featured at the hair loss learning center) may give you a jumping off point. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

to look semi thin yet still manageable I would say a good 2k to the front third and about 1500 for the crown...

Depending on future loss I would guess to say you would need a minimum of another 1k in the crown and another 1k in the middle.

for the time being 3000-3500 is a good bet.

3,000 seems like a good estimate. But would 2,000 give me good coverage or would I still have noticeable thinning? The 2,000 would be spread out from front to crown.

Sullirock,

Although it's difficult to estimate grafts based on pictures alone, our graft calculator (featured at the hair loss learning center) may give you a jumping off point. Good luck!

Yeah, I tried to use this calculator but since I'm not completely bald I'm not sure how much I should slide the bar over. It was telling me 6,000g when I used it before :confused: