I need a doctor

Thom13

Hi all,

First, I'd like to thank you all for this forum. It's very intresting and gave me the opportunity to avoid french Doctors (who are horrible in HT field).

I create this topic to get your opinion on my case, and the doctor/method I should choose.

I'm 27, losing my hair since I'm 22. My hairloss is quite slow, as I am under Porpecia and Minxidil 5% at the same time, but is still growing. It's mostly on the front zone.

I've already met three docs, to get an opinion on my case, and tried online consultation with Dr Rahal, and Dr H&W.

Globally, I would need 2500 grafts to get a better front hairline (3000 for Dr Rahal, 1500 for Dr Cole).

I just met the Dr Lupanzula from BHR who told me I had an excellent laxity, but it seems that my density is just average (from 70 to 80 UF per cm2). I can get both method.

I am quite dicided about going to do an HT as I'm really suffering from my hairloss. My point is that I'm still hesitating about the doctor and the method.

I have three requests :

- I need to do that this summer (the end of July or Beginning of August would be the best as I have few holidays)

- I would like not everybody to see I come back from an HT (how many weeks of holidays do I need to recover)

- I know money is not an issue, but I wanna limit my spend (trip from France included) to 10 000 Euros, which is already a lot for me.

I'm gonna put some pics in order to show you my case.

Who do you think I should see ?

Thank you for your help.

Have you checked out Shapiro medical? I would avoid Cole .

For 2500 grafts I would choose Rahal if it was me .

If it was 4500 and up I would lean towards HW since they have two docs ,a bigger staff and can handle huge cases.

Anything under that my choice would be Rahal in Canada and Shapiro in USA .

Glad to see you avoid a hack .

Thom--- at 27, with fairly strong crown and some gradual receding, your certainly a candidate for re-establishing your hairline.

I disagree with 1500 and 3000 grafts---I think you need 1800-2200 grafts to re-establish the hairline, pinch into the temples just a bit, but not close them off. This should blend nicely with your existing native hair, give you an excellent natural look now, but still place the hairline in an appropriate spot, in case you thin further as you age. This is certainly no knock on the docs you have consulted with --Dr. Rahal and H&W do excellent work---just a difference of approach.

Also, have you decided on strip/fue? You should research both options, as you only need frontal work at this time--I imagine that is why you contacted Dr. Cole.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thom,

A 2500 to 3000 graft recommendation would NOT be indicating closed temples or a juvenile hairline. It would indicate the proper density that would be necessary to blend with your existing hair on top of your scalp for a natural appearance. This is what would be called a one pass result where in one session your new hairline would not be too thin compared to the rest of your hair.

I just posted a new patient result with 3355 grafts to rebuild a pattern of loss that is very similar to your own. Note that the temples are not closed but only "pinched" as Bspot mentioned. As always these photos are taken under fluorescent lighting and not taken with a flash on the camera as this would be misleading with regards to actual density. What you see is what you get.

530104813_C34368B8950C346E10234773E659BAC8.JPG

930104813_4FFD1F7400ECD4A8A4FC29864286523C.JPG

330104813_D784FD2AA753D48CD6CE4EA3ED8A0B34.JPG

830104813_EBB4B4994F1E338E702F741EF95CDEBF.JPG

730104813_70F9861631EB0795D127954EE8A11FF8.JPG

430104813_4ACD98987F0396A1A6F4195C0592EADA.JPG

630104813_F52861CA4DAC694571D15D7052675284.JPG

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You should also consult dr. feller, especially if you are looking at an fue session of 1800-2200 grafts. i know you want o get it done this summer, but don't rush into anything and do plenty of research. sounds like you've gotten a good start.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com