surgery on 15/6/10 with Dr Pathomvanich from Bangkok

wb280

Hi all, i had my surgery done on 15/6 after much consideration and loads of time surfing this forum for invaluable information.

My surgeron was Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich from Bangkok who is a recommended surgeon on this forum. Reached Bangkok on 14/6 and had a final consultation with Dr Oravan ( consultant of Dr Pat, who happens to be the sister of Dr Pat ) and decided on the final hairline etc

Reached the clinic at 11am and met the maestro himself, had a brief and very constructive chat ( as i am very clear about my goals and directives ) and the op started at around 1pm. I was super nervous at first, esp on the pain but i can assure u, the surgery was virtually painless and even the injections were well placed and i think probably i had total 4 to 5 injections to the donor and recipient area ( i cannot remember as obviously i was quite numb and sleepy due to the med taken prior to surgery )

Was expecting to withdraw 2800-3000 grafts but dr was pleasantly surprised to be able to extract 3150 without creating a bigger wound and scar. He was commenting my donor area is quite good, and laxity was quite fine which was quite uncommon for asians. The donor was then closed using the trico technique. I gather that the transection rate was extremely low in my case as he uses the refined open technique in which he goes around the skin to avoid cutting across the precious donors.

Surgery ended at 8pm and the first few hrs were quite unbearable as the pain killers started to lose their effect. However, i was able to catch some sleep and i din feel much pain from then on except the retention stitches which were more like uncomfortable than pain. Am having those removed next week.

Went for shampoo for the next 2 days, and no grafts were damaged or any blood was spotted. All in all. the surgery was a success and its now just a waiting game and more cap wearing days!

Once i get pre-op and post-op photos from the clinic, i will post them up for you guys to comment!

Once again, i thank all in the forum who have given me the relevant information to make the decision which until now, i have not regretted! Special thanks to Bill, Spex, and several of previous patients of Dr Pat who gave me the confidence to take this step :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Wb280,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant! Thank you for keeping us updated, and I hope you'll continue to do so with social profile additions and a weblog! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

wb280,

Congratulations! Taking that first step and deciding on surgical hair restoration can be a difficult one.

You've chosen a great hair transplant physician and I'm sure that in a few short months you'll be enjoying your new head of hair.

Best of luck and please keep us informed of your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

thanks for the words of encouragement guys! :)

Yes of cos i will post all the pictures and create my own web blog. I am still waiting for the pre op and post op pics from Dr Pat

It was due to the unselfish sharing of information and pictures that enable many, including myself, to gather confidence in what we are getting into and the pros and cons of HT. I am more than willing to share my experience with those who are still deciding :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730