Bimatoprost?

Davis

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any further info on Bimatoprost? Does it have any effectiveness/sides? thanks

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

Davis,

Bimatoprost, better known in North America by its production name Latisse (or Lumigan), is a compound utilized for eyelash growth and darkening. I've actually researched this drug in the past, and although various researchers are investigating its role in potentially reducing fat or even regrowing scalp hair, it's currently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the cosmetic purpose of lengthening and darkening eyelashes. Because of this, proven solutions like Minoxidil and Finasteride would most likely be a better option at this time. However, who knows how this compound may be used in future hair loss remedies? If you find any interesting research or articles studying Bimatoprost and scalp hair growth, please feel free to share!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

tried it on my hair. massive shed. got scared. wanted to give my hair a rest and maybe revisit using it down the road. i was going through considerable personal stress at the time so i'm sure that contributed a bit to my massive hair loss.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up from you both..

I will def post any articles I come across

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.