applying Rogaine foam as a liquid

cortex

Does anyone else here melt their foam in the cap with a space heater or blow dryer and then apply it as a liquid?

I have been advised to use the foam to prevent irritation from the propylene glycol in the liquid, but my hair is too long to use the foam as a foam without losing most of it in my hair.

So I melt it in the cap and apply it as a liquid using a standard Rogaine liquid dropper. It still dries amazingly fast, so fast I barely know it's on.

Anyone else do this?

• 2 months later...

Unfortunatelly I have no other option but try this one. The liquid irritates my scalp and foam get all over my hair beeing hard to reach the scalp no matter how many rows I try to make. I think foam is not indicated for people who is not bald enough like me but I'm glad I found this suggestion.

Dr. Lee makes many blends of liquid minoxidil without the propylene glycol, and it probably ends up cheaper than buying the foam. Plus you can get 12.5% if you want ;)

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I already have a manipulated minoxidil formula without the propylen glycol with flutamide and betamethasone but this one I use at night because it makes my hair looks awful. My hair looks nicer with the foam and it takes less than 30 seconds to liquify it with a hair dryer. I can get more or less 2ml of the liquid with one cap so it's not bad at all. Next time I'll let it liquify by itself just leaving the foam in the cap while I take a bath to se how many time this process takes. Anyway thanks for the tip.