JacksBeards' Recent Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller - Photo Album

Forum and social community member "Jacksbeard" recently created a photo album on his social profile sharing his before and surgical pictures from his hair transplant with Coalition member Dr. Feller. Let's congratulate him on his procedure and encourage him to share his detailed experience with us.

To create your own photo album, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

Bill,

Thank you for posting this information. The work looks ultra-refined, and I'm excited to watch Jackbeard's results progress and mature.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks guys! The goal was 3,000 graphs but we wound up with about 3,300.

I had been thinking about a HT for a few years but for some reason this year I was determined to make it happen. Wish I had done it sooner, actually. I used this site a lot to research and get ideas of what was possible and targeted dr feller because of the great reviews and results I saw here

After my consultation I waited a few weeks and we picked a date. I had to wait about 3 months for a variety of reasons such as my work schedule and the Drs availability. I used those 3 months to do the scalp exercise that are recommended and I think they payed off.

Since I live relatively close the the office I drove there the morning of my procedure. There were really only two uncomfortable parts of the procedure: the initial numbing injections to donor and recipient areas, and the length of time you have to spend In the chair. Everyone in dr feller's office were very nice and accommodating. They keep you informed of what is going on as they do their different jobs.

Dr Feller recommended it but one mistake I did make was not getting a hotel for after the procedure. We finished around 5pm and I was stuck in tons of traffic on the way home. This was made worse because the local anesthesia started wearing off, and I didn't want to take e vicodin prescription while driving. As of day 2 (today) the recipient area has gotten a bit redder but the pain has mostly subsided.

I wish I could fast forward to 4 months from now and get past this recovery period but I know it was a good decision and I know it'll be worth it in the long run.

Edited by Jacksbeard

jacksbeard,

Congrats on your HT. I am most interested in your comments as I am scheduled for my first HT with Dr. Feller in about 3 weeks. I was wondering if staying in a hotel the night of the surgery is the way to go. I live in Eastern PA about 2 hours from the office. My thoughts were that it would probably be more comfortable to be home the night of the procedure, but you have me thinking maybe it's best to stay in a hotel. Did you really need the vicoden just after post-op and how uncomfortable was it driving home? I will most likely hit the peak of rush hour just as you did. Do you think sleeping that first night in a hotel is the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

jacksbeard,

Do you think sleeping that first night in a hotel is the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Gunny! First let me tell you that I'm 10 days post op and had the staples removed today! It's really a great feeling and I find that the pain and discomfort I've been sporadically feeling since the surgery appears to be mostly from the the staples. It's really awesome to have them removed.

Driving home in rush hr traffic through manhattan was a major bitch! The pain was not that intense but sitting in traffic and being annoyed made it worse. If you don't stay in a hotel it might be a good idea to find somewhere to hang out for a few hrs after the surgery and drive home around 7 or so. On the day of your surgery if you get to the tunnel by 630am you should have no trouble. But it's unpredictable! I left my house around 6am and made it to the good doctor's office around 645. I didn't want to risk being late.

If you can afford it and it's not a big deal I would recommend a hotel. It would definitely make things easier on you. I've never taken vicodin before so I didn't know how I would react and was afraid to drive, but it never made me groggy or anything so in hindsight I probably could have taken one pill on the way home.

Another issue that came up for me was the baseball hats I brought weren't big enough! I do have a big head (I'm a big guy) and depending on where they are putting the graphs you might want to bring a hooded sweatshirt. I got graphs on the side of my head (where the front sides met the hairline) and the hat was not large enough to fit without potentially hurting e area.

I think you made a good choice in doctors, tho. Dr feller and his team are really great. Don't be shy about speaking up because they will accommodate you if possible!

Hey bro, thanks so much for the reply and valuable information. I decided, based on your comments, that staying the extra night in the hotel following the procedure is the way to go. Thanks for pointing that out. I kind of thought those staples were going to be a real pain in the neck (or head in this case) but I guess there are no options if you want to go with Doc Feller. Keep us posted on your progress and I will do my best to post pics and a summary after my long awaited day !

Stay well.