Minoxidil and Temples

lukeyb1687

Hi Newby,

I know that it's the Fin as well because I was on Minox alone for a year and recently started taking Fin when the minox reached a limit to where no new grwoth was happening. Now I have a lot of new hairs and I'm sure it's the mixture of both Fin.

I only built up the medication for Finasterdie as I was scared of the side effects.

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

lukeyb1687,

How is it going with your treatment?

Last week I started using Generic Propecia and today I purchased some Minoxidil because my hair line is going back and I have some diffuse thinning on top but I keep my hair really short.

Ireland!

Thanks for reminding me to update this!!! I will certainly post some pics.

Well to start I have not had any shedding in the shower when I wash my hair, which is great!! I have alot of new tiny white hairs sprouting through. The only downside is I think I am breaking out again with acne from the Finasteride. It's hard to really pin point what is causing these outbreaks but since I have been on Fin it's started again and got worse.

I am still taking 5mg a day with 0 sexual side effects or brain fog. Thinking I may drop down to 1.25 mg and see if that helps with the acne repression. However the new hairs that have been sprouting get my excited, at least this is helping slowing down the recession until I can afford a hairtransplant!!

What is your current regime?

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Hey Lukey,

The initial pictures show great improvement, I'm really looking forward to seeing what your hairline looks like now after a few years of your regime.

I'd also like to ask what made you go up to 5mg of finasteride a day? And is your finasteride in the form of propecia/proscar?

Ireland!

Thanks for reminding me to update this!!! I will certainly post some pics.

Well to start I have not had any shedding in the shower when I wash my hair, which is great!! I have alot of new tiny white hairs sprouting through. The only downside is I think I am breaking out again with acne from the Finasteride. It's hard to really pin point what is causing these outbreaks but since I have been on Fin it's started again and got worse.

I am still taking 5mg a day with 0 sexual side effects or brain fog. Thinking I may drop down to 1.25 mg and see if that helps with the acne repression. However the new hairs that have been sprouting get my excited, at least this is helping slowing down the recession until I can afford a hairtransplant!!

What is your current regime?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I started generic Propecia about 10 days ago but I am not expecting anything to happen yet. I purchased Kirklands Minoxidil and it got delivered yesterday but I am only using it on my temples for the time being as I don't want it to clash with the propecia.

I am really hoping it will work..I know it's a waiting game.

Hi there Lukey, your pattern resembles mine very closely. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156613-hairline-recession-age-3-31-need-opinions.html

I was able to sweep it forward until around 28 when the central forelock started thinning. I tried a years each worth of propecia and avodart ditching both and rogaine sporadically.

With the temples swept so far back, it makes your forehead look abnormally huge like mine.Best of luck to you and hope you're able to keep what you already have long term.

• 1 month later...

Two Things

I’m seriously thinking about getting a Fitbit Ultra to track how much I move in a day. Although I’m not currently doing any formal aerobic exercise due to my self-diagnosed plantar fasciitis, my job does require me to constantly be on my feet and moving for at least 8 hours a day, so I bet I rack up some miles.

I’ve been using minoxidil for 13 months now and it’s definitely caused me to grow some hair new. I just don’t know if it’s worth continuing after my supply runs out in a few months.

• 7 years later...

Finasteride and minoxidil primarily are used to help slow down the loss. Applying minoxidil to the temples can be done. However have realistic expectations as to how much growth you will get. Finasteride and minoxidil primarily are used to help slow down the loss.

Edited by morisdon