what can I expect

hallo

now can i not help but go and look myselves in the mirror constantly and continuously while i can not imagine how it will look like in the end .. while I'm in this ugly duckling stage, you might give me a little feddback ? - you get my links to my home page :

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1666

when you've looked through them a little, I have just some questions

1 - how much density do you think it will be with 1600 graft in the area

2 - now my hair is very dark (almost black) and fairly thick - will it really create a new hairline? So I could have bristly hair without it would look very thin?

3 - how short can I get it (when it is outgrown it all) until it looks thin - both in the crown and the recipient area ..

4 - could i have hair like Bear Grylls or is that to short?? :

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00772/SNN03BB04G-380_772695a.jpg

would like to cut me with machine

I can not imagine how it will be, and dreamed the other day that I hat a normal hairline again got a little downer on when I woke up and looked me in the mirror hehe - but it will be interesting to see how it will be at the end

Edited by hero85

Thick, black, coarse, wavy hair creates the best appearance of "fullness". Many guys can try a 3' guard but few can use a 2' guard, so experiment with your hair cuts and see how deep you can go. I do think you can go for that hair style in the link you've posted.

An HT can only be successful in the hands of a good surgeon - to be honest, your choice worries me. As you probably know already, a hair transplant is not a standard procedure that every Doc graduating from med school can perform, it takes a lot of skill and experience. An HT at the hands of an incompetent Doc can leave you with incorrectly-placed grafts, depletion of donor hair, a big donor scar and grafts not coming in to grow hair. I hope you made your decision only after plenty of research.

Good luck.

Thick, black, coarse, wavy hair creates the best appearance of "fullness".

For a causasian, blonde provides better appearance of fullness, as the hair to skin contrast is insignificant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Thick, black, coarse, wavy hair creates the best appearance of "fullness". Many guys can try a 3' guard but few can use a 2' guard, so experiment with your hair cuts and see how deep you can go. I do think you can go for that hair style in the link you've posted.

An HT can only be successful in the hands of a good surgeon - to be honest, your choice worries me. As you probably know already, a hair transplant is not a standard procedure that every Doc graduating from med school can perform, it takes a lot of skill and experience. An HT at the hands of an incompetent Doc can leave you with incorrectly-placed grafts, depletion of donor hair, a big donor scar and grafts not coming in to grow hair. I hope you made your decision only after plenty of research.

Good luck.

yes I know that.

but hope to have a fantastic result in nine months even when the doctor is not on the list.. but thanks for the reply mate.:);)

I hope just to see a little grow SOON ..

• 4 weeks later...

Hero,

Like Bill said, you are right on track at 2 months. I know how excruciating the wait can be. I'm almost 2 month into HT #2.

I also think the Bear Grylls style is very, very possible!

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

it's the norm to not see much and to actually look worse 2m after the HT. so there's nothing to worry about there.

but, 1,600 grafts over that large of an area is mostly likely not going to produce a result like that celeb pic.

I am hoping you are wrong and trust - av33 and TakingThePlunge:D:D:D ..

I've also had alot shock loss. hope also it grows into..

but for instance here is one with about the same hair loss and only 1500 grafts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHTfWVfGY4

I'm 8 days past 2 months and I cant see any growth yet, pretty sure its totally normal.

Thanks Sparky..

it is not there I am so nervous. I can see many small fine new hair and think that I am one of the lucky ones that grow quickly.

Where I am nervous is whether it is enough with 1600 grafts. Before I got my HT, I saw the video I have posted, he has roughly the same hair loss as I, so when I went to see my Dokter and he said I needed 1600 grafts I was happy because that was what I figured. aw33 and takintheplug think indeed it is enough, but as you see Megatron think is not and it makes me a little nervous..

I know we all grow differently and it depends on the operation. But my expectations are that 1600 grafts are enough ..

It is the first time I have made a ht so the whole thing is about to drive me insane.

And yes I know I should take it easy and it takes a year, but it's SO hard hehe:p

Good Sommer

sorry to worry you man. all I'm saying is from my research through people's blogs, 1,600 grafts doesn't seem enough for a full, thick looking result when you're about a NW3. that said, while your hairline seems to have receeded quite a bit, your donor & remaining top of scalp of hair looks thicker than normal. if your doc said it was enough, then who am I to say differently.

I hope you prove me dead wrong :)

sorry to worry you man. all I'm saying is from my research through people's blogs, 1,600 grafts doesn't seem enough for a full, thick looking result when you're about a NW3. that said, while your hairline seems to have receeded quite a bit, your donor & remaining top of scalp of hair looks thicker than normal. if your doc said it was enough, then who am I to say differently.

I hope you prove me dead wrong :)

hehe it's ok.;)

I get nervous about everything these days, and that is why this forum is brilliant, so you can get all the support. It has truly been a life saver for me.

But when it's my first time with ht then there are days i are about to regret that i got it made. (Especially when I have so much shock loss) and days where everything is just perfect and i think it's the best.

I really hope that it will be as I expect, and it get as good as the video I've have posted, if not then i can always get made a ht more.

good luck whit your own ht Megatron ;);)