Nuts - did I screw up?

Hi guys,

I got a transplant last week - and so everything went smoothly I'd been reading what to do.

I read that I should get some sterile saline spray, which I did (no problems there) - but didn't realise I was supposed to wait until the day after to start using it.

As soon as I got home after the surgery, I put some spray on .... am I likely to have damaged anything? icon_frown.gif

An hour or two I think - come to think of it, I could feel it, so I guess it must have been long enough for the anasthetic to wear off....

When I went back the next day, the Dr said everything looked ok - I guess my question is more could the saline spray have actually killed them?

In my continued quest for idiot of all HT time.

I went out this morning, forecast was cool and cloudy. No problems.

Except of course the forcast was wrong, and I got caught at a jewelry market for the whole day in the blazing sunshine.

Luckily a lot of it was undercover, so I tried to keep out the rays as best I could, but from the feeling in my skin tonight (both head and arms) - I know I've got minor burn.

11 days out - how much damage am I likely to have done. From a net search, some sites say I could only have coloured myself for life, others say the UV rays could have damaged my Collagen (whatever that is)...

Grrr....

I bet in 3 days time when they take out the stitches, the back of my head falls off or something icon_eek.gif

• 10 months later...

Just to add to the voices of reassurance, in my FUE post-op instructions, I was advised to spray saline on half-hourly for the first two days post-op - including the evening I went home. It keeps the new grafts hydrated, washes away dry blood and limits scabbing - so don't worry at all!