Who should I do my surgery with?

Hi, in the scary process and shady business of hair transplant surgery; I would like to weed out the bad doctors and get the to meet the best of the best. But who is the best of the best? Can anyone tell me through previous experiences, knowledge, or credability? Please help me out. I can tell you everything you need to know and post pictures.

Thanks

:):cool:

Chris,

Welcome to the board. You've come to the right place!

If you're not familiar with the coalition, this link will provide you with all the information you need to know about how doctors on this site are recommended.

A search of this forum will provide volumes of quality feedback and documented results from all of these doctors. Everyone here has their favorites but most people will tell you to do your research and select three or four that you like. If there is no one in your immediate area, set up some free online consultations and go from there.

Best of luck,

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Chris2010,

TTP is right; you've come to the right place! It takes the "shady" part out of the business of hair transplantation.

Now it's all about RESEARCH!! Stick to the doctors recommended on this site and you should be fine. Even if money is tight, it's best not to make a decision based solely on price. In the long run, the best doctor for you, regardless of price, will be the best decision.

Ask lots of questions. Contact lots of HT recipients on the site. We are all here to support you! Please keep us posted.

Panama Jimmy

PanamaJimmy made a great point regarding price. You should never make a decision based solely on price, but there is nothing wrong in choosing a doctor that is cheaper if you are comfortable with his/her results. Once you narrow down your list to 5 or so, it's perfectly fine to consider factors such as price, location, whether you have to shave down, and any other factors that you feel are important.

Chris2010,

At one point in time, Dr Epstein was recommended by this community. However, this is no longer the case. If you are interested in physicians in Florida, here is a list off all recommended doctors in that state (here).

Furthermore, Dr Glenn Charles, Dr Bernard Nusbaum, and Dr Paul Rose are all coalition physicians.

Good luck! Also, keep up with the research, this will pay off in the end!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

J,

I'm glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr Brandon Ross. However, since this thread is dedicated to Chris2010 and his transplant surgeon research, it may be best to either start your own thread in the Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients forum or create and update a hair loss blog and social profile.

Thanks, and keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I will start a more detailed profile with my experience soon. I am not sure if you understood the reason for Chris posting this thread....Chris2010 posted, " Who should I do my surgery with?" I met many Dr’s and I felt most comfortable with Dr. Ross.

Edited by J

If you look back at some of my posts they may answer some of your questions.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts