Hair is there but not growing

I have noticed that some parts of my frontal hair region have very small areas (3-4) where there is hair but it is not growing. You can see the hairs but it just doesn't grow, while beside them, other hairs are growing. All the hairs are thick. Lately, I have been experiencing very minor hairline receding and my temporal regions have also receded.

Is this because the hair is in the rest phase? I hope it doesn't have any bad implications for my hair, can you guys please clarify?

Thanks

Oh no, I haven't had any surgery yet. I just buzz my head more often these days and I have noticed that some hair is not growing. I can see the actual hair root, it just doesn't grow like the rest of my hair.

I have noticed minor acne on my scalp and I do have loads of acne on my back and forehead, could this be causing it?

aw33,

I can only imagine that your hair is growing, just possibly slowly. Hair affected by male pattern baldness typically grow more slowly as they begin dying.

Have you considered seeing a dermatologist? I think this is a good first step, especially if you're experiencing excessive acne on your scalp and forehead.

Keep us posted on what he/she says if you consult one.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill.

Damn if that turns out to be true, i am gonna turn into an NW4. I doubt it because I have never experienced slow growth in regions where MPB was taking its course or had taken its course. My hair grows extremely fast and these past few months have been the first time in my life I have started to buzz my head and shave some parts of my head.

Right beside my frontal hair, in my temporal regions, the scalp there looks just like the rest of my forehead and skin - it is all blank and there are no hairs there, I can definitely tell a difference from spots that are completely bald and spots that have had thinning. I hope this frontal forelock spot stays for me, without this I'd look 10 years older.

I will try to post some pics and I will get a referral from my doc to see a derm.