Any opinions on this?

JohnS

Guys,

It seems like quite a discussion going on concerning non FDA approved treatements, sorry I missed it.

First let me say, I ordered the laser comb and have received it. My first impression is this seems to be a well made quality piece of equiptment. I began using it last night as directed. After a few minutes I can feel a warm feeling in my scalp, probably due to some effect on circulation that it induces. It felt so good I hated to stop it. This even persisted for a few hours after the treatment. I have taken some pictures to document my "before" condition and will post them shortly. From my first impressions I think it may have some potential, but only time will tell.

I would like to comment on some of the things said about various treatments that members have brought up. My feelings are that there are many therapies out there that can help to certain degrees, even if not FDA approved. You have to understand, FDA approval entails a great deal on money, not many companies can afford this, a product must have to return quite a bit in revenues to be worth it, so many products never get to this point, its simply economics. Look at what happened to Avodart, the consensus it that it works but the company pulled the plug on further testing because it could not make them a pile of cash in the long run. This happens every day.

My feeling is nothing out there can make a night and day difference in hair loss, not even rogaine and propecia, some get decents results, some get absolutely nothing in return. I think the key is to keep trying various types of treatments and see what works for you, while keeping costs to a minimum. If you find something that helps just a bit and is cheap continue to use it,and look for something else that helps just a bit, keep doing this until you come up with a regime that makes a nice difference while not costing an arm and a leg. A few hairs here, and a few hairs there can add up over time. No home runs but lots of base hits can end up winning a game, the name of our game is "hair loss". Don't sit at home and wait for someone to knock at your door with a cure for baldness, go out and find it yourself, try numerous treatments and start building up your hairline.

I look around at various forums, seems like guys using non FDA treatment are getting some very good results, and they are not even using rogaine and propecia. I think you guys should be more open minded.

Good point, JohnS.

My initial thought when I read this post was "garbage".......then scrolling through some of the others commets the one that stood out to me was B spot's "Give stuff a try if you want and if you can afford to" which makes sense to me.

Yes, we do need to be open minded here to other methods of stopping hair loss besides Finasteride and Minoxidil. I guess the FDA approval does carry more weight with the vast majority. I suppose there could be other products out there that work, or work better than we think, that's why it's so important for someone advocating a particular product to be able to justify there position with personal results or information stemming from a very reliable source.

For me, personally, though I have not tried a laser comb or some of the other non-FDA approved remedies, I have found Finasteride to provide mildly positive results with some regrowth experienced in the hairline. It may be helping in other areas but, since I started taking it the same time as HT #2, it's very difficult if not impossible to tell.

In the end, IMO there's nothing on the market that is going to provide enough regrowth for any real cosmetic significance. From my prospective, they should be used in an attempt to halt further loss, or, at the least, to slow it as much as possible. The only real, acceptible regrowth with cosmetic significance I've ever seen was from waittosee and can be viewed here

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I was getting a little bruised and beaten. icon_smile.gif I appreciate hearing from others that have an open mind to alternatives. Well spoken JohnS. I agree with what both B Spot and Hairbank had to say.

Mrjb,

Yes, mental jousting is always good. It allows others to see both sides to the issue and make their own determination from there.

I do want to state that most of the regimine that I do follow I would do whether I had a hairloss problem or not. Inversion table is for healthy spine, MSM is for healthy joints, Tea tree oil is a natural cleanse for the scalp Vitamin A & E for skin and hair. I'm not some wigged out nut trying all sorts of BS that promises the world. Pretty sure I'll avoid the 60 cups of coffee daily.

I expect No miracles for hair growth but do hope and believe it will keep things healthy and limit further loss at a quick rate. Whatever God has in store for me will eventually probably happen. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Agreed

It's never personal icon_smile.gif

I just wish we could really wave a magic wand and determine if these items worked.. All we can go on is our own experiences and advice of other trusted people on here.. God, there is sooo much garbage out there though.. Companies just preying on those who want to improve their situation.. Well, I guess that's Capitalism

Cheers mates

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!