Determing Grafts from a Picture

Is it possible for Doctors to look at a picture and determine how many grafts a patient will be able to yield? I'm sure I read something like this on the forum - but just wanted to clarify.

thanks

Is it possible for Doctors to look at a picture and determine how many grafts a patient will be able to yield? I'm sure I read something like this on the forum - but just wanted to clarify.

thanks

If the pictures are clear, showing various positions of the donor region a keen (trained) eye can give pretty good estimations of yer donor. Not just doctors can do this.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

The Jotronics, Spexs, et. al. have good eyes for this type of thing.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

mm76,

Actually, if I read your question right, you aren't asking about the approximate number of grafts needed, but the number of grafts that can be harvested.

If that's true, then the answer is no. Donor density and laxity cannot be accurately measured from a photo.

If you are referring to an approximate number of grafts needed to achieve "decent" (relative to a patient's hair restoration goals) coverage and density, providing an estimate from accurate photos is very doable. But remember that this is an "estimate" only. A more accurate estimate will be given at the time of an in-person evaluation.

Best wishes,

Bill