Gradual Hair Loss or Weird Curly Hair?

EmV

Hello everybody, I have moved into the college accommodation and while I was using a bath tub at home, I am now using a shower room(a bathroom with an open shower so the water from the shower fills the room in). I have noticed that there are like 15 hairs spread into the whole room when I am done with my shower(although I remove many body hair) and maybe 4-5 in the sink when I am brushing but mostly no hair in the brush.

The weird thing is when I was back home and I was using the bath tub I would hardly notice any hair.

The other weird thing is that when I use CONDITIONER i notice like 5-6 hairs whereas when I use SHAMPOO i notice 2-3.

Now, I just want to make clear that this is actually a very bad time for me and I probably notice the hair thing only because I'm quite stressed and annoyed.

I would like to know whether I'm losing hair or its just normal because the front of my head looks kinda weird but it may be because of my weird curly hair?

Some pics for you:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/654/l1000192yw6.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/661/l1000195qu1.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6099/l1000224hu3.jpg

Hello everybody, I have moved into the college accommodation and while I was using a bath tub at home, I am now using a shower room(a bathroom with an open shower so the water from the shower fills the room in). I have noticed that there are like 15 hairs spread into the whole room when I am done with my shower(although I remove many body hair) and maybe 4-5 in the sink when I am brushing but mostly no hair in the brush.

The weird thing is when I was back home and I was using the bath tub I would hardly notice any hair.

The other weird thing is that when I use CONDITIONER i notice like 5-6 hairs whereas when I use SHAMPOO i notice 2-3.

Now, I just want to make clear that this is actually a very bad time for me and I probably notice the hair thing only because I'm quite stressed and annoyed.

I would like to know whether I'm losing hair or its just normal because the front of my head looks kinda weird but it may be because of my weird curly hair?

Some pics for you:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/654/l1000192yw6.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/661/l1000195qu1.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6099/l1000224hu3.jpg

I wouldn't worry about noticing a few hairs in the shower ROOM.

Losing a few hairs is normal anyway.

It could be from the guys before you in the

shower ROOM.

I WOULD be worried about getting down on the floor in the shower ROOM and counting hairs

that very well could be from the guys showering in the shower ROOM before you...

Just how big is this shower ROOM anyway?

Is it a co-ed shower ROOM?

Is there a couch, t.v., ect in the shower ROOM...?

Okay sarcasm does not really work since shower ROOM is a legitimate way to describe this kind of bath ROOM. it is not co-ed, or whatever and I am the only one using it. But very helpful man thanks for the help.

I was just having fun... icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

SERIOUSLY though, losing a few hairs in the shower is perfectly normal. Especially how you have described.

Hair naturally goes through a dormant phase where it sheds NATURALLY even in one who does not have Male Pattern Baldness. Judging from your pic and what you have described, I wouldn't even let it bother you in the slightest. Im sure your fine...

Not sure about your situation but when i was losing hair I came to the weirdest assumptions trying to rationalize my hairloss

- shampoo

- conditioner

- the brush

- my cologne

- the vitamins I was taking

Unfortunately it was just plain old MPB...

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I didn't said that I lose hair because of any of this as a matter of fact I was almost sure that it was MPB. I just gave it a second thought because I was checking my hair when I was a kid and I hasn't changed a lot so...

Personally, I'd inspect the shower ROOM in a meticulous manner to make sure one of the ROOM's many sojourners isn't the culprit of the said fallen hairs appearing on the ROOM's flooring....Sorry, couldn't resist -- that whole repartee just struck me as inordinatly amusing and LOL-funny...

Anyways, if you are very concerned I would go to a dermatologist or an esteemed hair restoration doctor and get looked at and checked for minaturization. Depending upon their analysis, you may look into getting on propecia and/or rogaine foam 5%...as an adjunct treatment to those two, I'd recommend giving Revita shampoo a whirl...you don't need a prescription for it, and it is just a shampoo that you would use in liu of w/e you currently use. Either way, don't sweat it too much -- you're on the right path, and if you are afflicted by MPB you are catching it very early.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Now now, I must admit I might miss a line or two in reading posts but not in this one.

I aplogize if I read wrong but you seem a bit confused about the extra loss of hair when you use conditioner? or what is causing the wierdness..

That's all I meant by my last mail..

It's not the conditioner probably the added rubbing of your hair which is just assisting the weak hairs to the shower ( not weird at all).

No correlation to the conditioner is what I am saying, you are just noticing it. In fact, the difference between losing 2-3 or 5-6 is clearly chance.. They say it is normal to lose about 50 -100 hairs a day ( although 100 is a bit much)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

You guys achieved to elevate my panic attack to super-duper panic attack. The one thing I am really asking is judging from the pictures and from what I have said, should I be worried? Why do you keep telling me personal stories? It's not like we're twins. Also, I did not BLAME the conditioner or the shower or whatever, I just said that if I did not used them then I would not have NOTICED the hairs... not that they wouldn't have fallen off.

EMV

I am on your side, and I am trying to help.It's hard to say from your pics but if you are worried go see a doctor and they can tell you if it is indeed MPB. Once you find out you can take action. Don't get too worried yet

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Jobi, again, I am not the one who misunderstood your post because you were clearly comparing yourself to mine like we're twins or something. I didn't blame any of these things for HAIR LOSS, what I did was BLAME them for noticing the hair loss(if that constitutes as hair loss). Anyways, you probably misunderstood and it's my fault since I'm not native.

Anyways, for example today I was showering and there were like 5 or 6 hairs after using the conditioner. Also I do not have any parents or grandparents with hair loss. They 're actually quite the "hair" people.

I'm sure these are the thins the doctor is going to ask of me and that is why I am saying it to you.

No Biggie

Family history of hairloss doesnt matter. doctors probably won't ask that because it is a mute point. They will inspect your hair and maybe see if there is a pattern..

5-6 hairs is nothing man so don't worry ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

From Reading your posts here EmV, I think you should worry more about your social skills than your MPB. Jobi's been nothing but polite and you're replies are Fing RUDE! Guess I must be in a bad mood or something icon_mad.gif

I AM RUDE? Just check the first answer they gave me and on and see who's rude and who's not alright? Also I am actually NOT a native english speaker and I really meant it was my fault and that I have not explained it right. I wasn't being sarcastic unlike everyone in here. As far as my social skills are concerned, at least I am not having fun with someones concerns as some people do around here.

• 4 weeks later...

aponivin,

Welcome to our forum community.

Firstly, I'd encourage you to create your own thread so you get more of a reply. You can do this by clicking on "new" and then "discussion" above.

The best non surgical hair loss treatment options to date, in my opinion, are Propecia and Rogaine. When used in combination with one another, there is a good chance they will stop hair loss and may even stimulate some hair regrowth.

I hope this helps.

Bill

EMV,

NG2GB was trying to be helpful and "lighten" he situation. Once you get to know him you will understand.

Your panic mode will just cause more stress and further hairloss, chill out and enjoy college, you are too young for a HT to begin with.

The only thing you should even consider is finasteride and minox right now if you feel your hair is thinning.

NoBuzz