What should I do? Pics

I am 24 years old. I had a transplant a year ago of 1600 grafts. I think they are micros and minis from what I have learned on this site. I wish I had found this site before my surgery but oh well. I had my recessions filled in and the new hair stand out because unless I style it, it basically stands straight up and is very sparse. I stopped taking propecia after my surgery and began to lose a lot more hair. I have since July been back on it with no signs of new growth, my hair seems to be getting thinner. My scar is also pretty wide.. almost 9MM is some spots and is below the ridge. I have attached pictures. I am contiplating going for another surgery but don't know if I should rush into one. I am worried I will loose the rest of my hair and the new hair will stick out and look weird. I have done a lot of research and would consider going to the best docs, even if they had to remove some of my previous work.Please give me your thoughts.

1.jpg.bf12f9f9843fdf76d52ca4d8bd1de529.jpg

BigBill - It's not great, but can certainly be made a lot better by one of the best doctors available. I'm more troubled by how you described the scar, although there were no pictures in your posts. I think you'll be fine in the long term.

Good luck.

Manko

BigBill1234,

It is smart to stay on the Propecia, maybe add Rogaine 5%. Take your time, research your options! There are many excellent hair restoration surgeons, the best for you depends on many factors. I would study the outcomes, looking at as many before and after pics as possible.

I am employed by Dr. Arocha as his lead tech at Arocha Hair Restoration.

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

BigBill, fellow 1234 member (creative aren't we) icon_smile.gif

It could be a lot worse. You still have a lot of native hair left. You goal right now should be keeping it. For the love of God, don't go off of Propecia or Finasteride again! And like Micropscopic said, give Rogaine foam a try.

You were probably too young to get a HT in the first place and you probably still are. But still, start contacting top notch clinics (you probably know what they are by now), keep studying this site, and get at least 4-5 different opinions. Even if your whole scar can't be eliminated, it for sure can be reduced.

Also, do you use concealer? Toppik, dermmatch, or nanogen are things you should be looking into. HOpe this helps.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thank you for the replies. aaron, I have followed your progress and when my hair is combed back my desnity was similar to what yours was. I am hoping you get a great result so I can look forward to a second HT sometime in the future to help improve mine.