Back to work after HT

How long after a HT will soreness, scabbing and reddness last?

Im gonna be taking some time off work for a strip HT of around 3000 grafts. Obviously when i return to work id like as little attention to be drawn to my HT as possible.

So how long is enough time off?

Thanks

Zaz

zaz,

if you can wear a hat at work, don't worry about it, if not look at 6 weeks minimun, also depends on size of ht whether strip or fue, level of baldness, front or crown, all that comes into play. You also may want to tell your immediate co-workers that you had the work done, worked with me, good luck

ZAZ,

On November 10, I had procedure. I plan on going back to work the Monday after next (3 weeks). I did get some trimming but no shaving so I do have some hair to cover. I currently have some scabs (which I started two days ago gently rubbing in the shower) and that has helped. I am hoping to see scabs go away and redness as well within the week. Not really sure how it will look in the next week, but right now I am thinking it should be relatively passable. I will keep you posted, if you would like.

It would help if I could blow dry or towel dry my hair. Any suggestions on how long it will be before I can do that?

Recovery time for strip is definitely shorter (in term of hiding the HT...we all know that healing from a strip scar is longer than FUE), especially when the doctor does not require you to shave the recipient area. In addition, you hair can hide the scar, while you don't have that option with FUE.

I just had HT on Nov 20. If everything progresses well, most trace of HT will be gone at the 7 day mark.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I would have to agree with tommyf--granted we had the same doc and I shaved my head down to a number 2 clip. It takes longer than you would expect. My recipient area was completely shaved for surgery as well.

If, like new2thissite, the doc doesn't shave down the recipient area you may get away with going back to work earlier without anyone noticing, as exisitng hair can camouflage the area.

It's tough to give a time frame as each person heals different. I still have slight pinkness, but the scar is covered. It is not that noticeable, unless I am directly under fluorescent lights.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Guys,

At the mo im growing out my hair so hopefully there will be some cover. I spoke to the doc and said there will be no need to shave/machine the recipent area down,

As far as a cap etc at work that wont be possible as it is an office.

I intend on taking about two weeks off from the time off the transplant.