Thinkin of switch from avod to propecia

Hi all,

due to side effects thinkin of switchin from avodart(DUT) to propecia(FIN). I guess my question is the day i stop takin avodart should i start takin propecia the followin day.As i dont want to exp shedding, Would it be better to slowy introduce propecia while still takin avodart, avodart(MON) pro(TUE) avodart(WED) and so on. Thanks for any advice guys.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Hi all,

due to side effects thinkin of switchin from avodart(DUT) to propecia(FIN). I guess my question is the day i stop takin avodart should i start takin propecia the followin day.As i dont want to exp shedding, Would it be better to slowy introduce propecia while still takin avodart, avodart(MON) pro(TUE) avodart(WED) and so on. Thanks for any advice guys.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

dazza uk,

I'd really check with a Doc on this one if I were you. They likely have experience with advising people to switch, when to switch and how to go about it the best way.

They're both DHT blockers so I doubt it will matter. With the change in meds you may experience a shed, then again you may not. Purely my best guess and again I'd get advice from a Doc on this.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

dazza,

Oddly enough, people typically do it the other way around. I've seen people start on finasteride and switch to dudasteride. Since I have not done extensive research on dudasteride, I couldn't really advise you.

I imagine that you can just switch from one to the other, but PLEASE confirm with a doctor.

But why the switch? Do you feel dudasteride is not working for you? These are not questions to attempt to sway you from switching...but I'm curious.

Bill

Thanks for the info guys. Im thinking of switching cos of the side effects am getting. Wasnt sure if it was working but i think maybe it has slowed my hairloss. maybe with propecia/proscar as its not as strong as dut wil get less sides, but cos blocks only type2 dht could be even less effective than dut!

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!